↳ n i n e t e e n

The One Where Hayden Finds Out

*
*
*

Annie's POV

I lay next to Hayden on his bed staring at the ceiling. We were holding hands,, and I knew he was so much older than me but I didn't care. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." Hayden said. Johnny poked his head around the door.
"Nicole's looking for you Annie." He said.
"Where is she?" I asked.
"Shes downstairs." He said. "Also Lauren is not happy."
"Why?" Hayden said,, but I didn't hear johnnys answer because I was running downstairs to see what Nicole wanted.
"Oh there you are!" She said. "I've been looking for you all morning. Come into my office,, I need to discuss something with you."

I followed Nicole into her office and she shut the door. I sat down in front of her and she reached for her papers.
"Right. I've been talking to a family,, and they want to adopt you." She said.
"What?" I said,, in shock.
"They are called the Gisonis,, and they have two daughters called Madison and Mackenzie." She said.
"Wait I don't get it. I've been here for over ten years and only now I'm wanting to be adopted?" I said.
"It's been hard to find a family for you because you're older,, and people generally think older children in the system are more difficult. But someone wants to adopt you so will you at least give it a try?" She said.
"Fine. But do they know that my dad killed my mom in front of me?" I said.
"Yes,, and they still want to adopt you. They want to give you a normal chance at life with a good,, loving family,, and they also don't want you to be on your own when you turn 18 and can no longer live in our care." Nicole said.

Hayden's POV ( 3 times what the hell)

Annie left the room.
"Why is Lauren pissed?" I asked.
"Because I think she liked you and now that you and Annie are really close she's jealous." Johnny said.
"Dude me and Annie are dating,, of course we're close." I said.
"Wait what?" Johnny said. "You're dating?!"
"Yeah." I said,, raising my eyebrows. "But now I guess I have to tell Lauren."
"Yeah you do. And don't hurt her,, she's my sister." He said,, turning on his heel and leaving the room. I sat for a few seconds and then got up to find Lauren. She was in the living room next to Nicole's office alone.
"Hey Lauren." I said,, poking my head around the door. She looked up from her phone and smiled at me.
"Oh hey Hayden." She said. I sat in the chair opposite her and took a deep breath in.
"I need to talk to you about something." I said.
"Sure." She said,, sounding confused.
"Now Johnny told me something a few minutes ago." I said.
"What did he tell you?" She said,, narrowing her eyes.
"He told me that you liked me." I said. Her eyes widened.
"And...?" She said. I think she was hoping for me to say I liked her back.
"And you're nice but I don't like you like that,, and I have a girlfriend." I said.
"Who?" She said suspiciously.
"Annie." I said.
"Oh okay. I hope you're happy." She said,, getting up and walking away. I stood up and was about to leave when I heard Annie's voice coming from the room next door.
"Wait I've been here for over ten years and only now I'm wanting to be adopted?" She said. I creeped closer to the door and put my ear to the crack between the door and the frame. I heard Nicole speak for a while,, and then Annie spoke again.
"Fine. But do they know that my dad killed my mom in front of me?" She said.
I stepped back from the door in shock.
So that's why she was here.
I realised why she didn't want me to know,, and suddenly I felt guilty for listening in on their conversation. But she's been here for ten years,, so that means she was only around four or five when it happened. That's a horrible thing for a small child to see,, especially because it was her mom.
"Alright. Thanks for talking to me,, and we'll arrange for you to meet the family." Nicole said,, and I heard someone get up. I sprinted back up to my bedroom so Annie wouldn't know I'd been listening.

She walked into my room and threw herself onto my beanbag.
"What was that about?" I asked,, slightly out of breath.
"A family wants to adopt me." She said. "Why are you so red in the face?"
"Oh um I was just doing some pushups while you were gone." I said. "Come here." I held my arms out and she looked confused as she came over. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and hugged her.
"What's wrong?" She said into my chest. "You only ever hug me this tightly when you're worried about something."
"I just want you to know that whatever happens I love you and I want to make your life amazing,, whatever has happened in the past." I said,, putting my chin on her head.
"I love you too." She said,, finally hugging me back.

Hi.

I'm making an OCs book and I don't know when it's gonna be published,, but just to say it won't be my main priority until this book is finished. Like,, I'll still post chapters for it but they probably won't be regular until this book has finished.

QOTU- What is your favourite musical?
AOTU- Heathers duh