↳ o n e

The One Where Annie Meets Hayden

*
*
*

Annie's POV

"Annie come and welcome the new boy!"
I sighed and rolled off of my bed,, landing on my feet with ease and leaving my room,, closing the door behind me. I walked down the stairs to see Lauren,, Johnny,, Brooke,, Rush and Dylan all crowding around the door. I could only see the new boy's hair over Brooke,, meaning he was tall because Brooke isn't exactly short. I turned round and walked back upstairs,, completely ignoring the ruckus,, knowing he wouldn't talk to me. He'd be engulfed into the group of people downstairs and I wouldn't see him. I threw myself back on my bed and went back to reading my book.

I woke up with a start,, falling off of my bed and landing on the floor with a thud,, not nearly as gracefully as I did this morning.
"Owww." I groaned,, rubbing my elbow and sitting up. Only then did I notice a stranger standing in my doorway.
"Hi?" I questioned,, getting up and sitting on my bed,, leaning back against my headboard.
"Hey." He said. "I was told to come and say hi?"
"Oh. You're the new boy." I said.
"I guess. And you're Annie?" He said.
"The one and only. You can come in you know." I said. "Don't just stand in my doorway." He did as I said and sat on my beanbag chair,, shutting the door behind him.
"Why did you close the door?" I said.
"For privacy reasons." He smirked and winked.
"Cocky." I said,, stretching my legs out and grabbing a pillow,, putting it behind my head. "What's your name?"
"Summerall. Hayden Summerall." He said.
"Oh sorry I wasn't aware that you were James Bond." I said,, nudging him with my foot. "Why are you here?"
"In your room or in the foster home?" He said.
"Both actually." I said.
"Well I'm in your room because I was told by some girl with dark hair to come and say hi,, and I'm in the foster care system because my parents were in a car crash and died." He said. "What about you? Why are you here?"
"Oh my parents couldn't look after me." I lied. I'm not gonna tell him that my dad killed my mom am I?
"Hey,, I'm completely new to this town. I lived in Texas before. How about showing me around?" He said.
"And why would I do that?" I said.
"Because you don't want your new friend to get lost in downtown LA." He said.
"Alright." I said. "Now get out of my room so I can get ready." I said. "And you aren't my friend!" I shouted as I pushed him out of my room. I sighed momentarily before running into my closet and changing out of my hoodie and sweats. I put on a yellow tube top with a smiley face on it and mom jeans with my checkered vans and my hair in a high pony. I left my makeup alone because for once I was happy with it. I grabbed my phone and my bag and opened my door.
"Ahhh!" Hayden screamed. I looked down and saw him lying on his back. "Hey." He said.
"Were you leaning against my door?" I asked,, crouching down next to him.
"Maybe." He said,, sitting up.
"Come on,, let's get this over with." I said,, standing up. He stood up as well.
"Hey I never noticed how small you were." He said,, looking down at me.
"Well I'm sorry that I'm not a fucking giant like you." I said,, clattering down the stairs and opening the front door.
"Where are we going first?" He asked.
"Starbucks."

Hello my chickens and welcome to the
First chapter of  this book. I hope you like
It,, and that you will continue reading it because I like writing it. Yay,, I guess.

3 votes for next chapter

Alright,, goodbye my chickens.