↳ t w e n t y - o n e

The One With The First Fight

*
*
*

Annie's POV

I danced up the stairs in happiness. I really liked the Ziegler's and I couldn't wait to become part of their family. I threw Hayden's door open to see him in the same position as he was before,, just asleep this time. His room was dark because his curtains were drawn shut. I went over to him and placed my cold hands on his face. He woke up with a start and pulled me down with him.
"Hello." I said,, nuzzling into his neck. He was warm,, which was great because I was freezing.
"Why are you so cold? We live in California,, we don't have seasons." He groaned.
"I'm always cold." I shrugged,, snuggling closer to him. He put his arms round me.
"How did it go? Are they nice? What do you think?" He said.
"They're actually really nice. They have two daughters,, one who's my age and one who's a few years older,, and the mom and the dad are super nice and kind." I said. "Yeah,, they seem to be a really nice family." I was holding back saying that they were going to adopt me because I didn't want to upset him.
"And...?" He said.
"And what?" I said,, knowing full well what he was getting at.
"Are they going to adopt you?" He said.
"Yes..." I said quietly under my breath.
"I didn't hear you." He said.
"I said yes. They're going to adopt me." I said. "And I want them to adopt me. I know I'm going to miss you and you're going to miss me but this place is shitty,, Hayden. Really shitty. You've been here for less than three months,, I've been here for ten years. I hate it,, and the Ziegler's are a nice family and I can't pass this opportunity up." I said.
"Wow." He said.
"What do you mean?" I said,, worried. He removed his arms from around me and got off of the bean bag. "Hayden what do you mean by 'wow'?" I asked again.
"I meant that aren't foster kids meant to stick together?" He said.
"That does not apply here and you know it." I said. "That does not mean that I have to stay here until I'm old enough to be thrown out to fend for myself." I said.
"We're best friends,, we're supposed to be together." He said.
"Well you're not being a very good best friend or a very good boyfriend right now,, so you don't get to say that." I said,, my voice raising slightly. "You're being so unbelievably selfish right now,, I can't believe you." I stood up and stormed out of the room,, slamming his door behind me and slamming mine when I reached it. I threw myself on my bed,, face down,, and cried into my pillow.

This is really short and I'm sorry but I have a lot on my mind right now,, and that's kind of a priority.

QOTU- where are you from?
AOTU- Mississauga,, Canada