↳ t w e l v e

The One Where It Happens Again

*
*
*

Annie's POV

"Hey,, Lauren says there's a party in the casino tonight and everyone's going to celebrate our last night here. Wanna go?" Hayden said,, looking up from his phone.
"Sure. Why not. It'll be fun." I said. "What time does it start?"
"She didn't say,, but if we just go at like 8pm I'm sure it'll be in full swing." He said. I nodded.
"Wait what's the time now?" I asked.
"5:30pm." He said.
"Well I don't have to start getting ready for about another hour." I said.
"God almighty,, girls take so long to get ready." He said.
"God almighty?" I questioned.
"It seemed like the right thing to say." He shrugged and I laughed.
"You're sound like an old man." I said.
"Well just because you're a little baby doesn't mean I'm an old man." He said. "Come on,, lets do something,, I'm bored and we have an hour according to your timetable." He said.
"Alright. What do you wanna do?" I asked.
"What is there to do?" He said.
"We could go and get something to eat?" I suggested. "We haven't eaten since like 7am." He said. "Okay."

We walked down the stairs and out of the hotel.
"Where do you wanna go?" I asked.
"I don't know. You pick." He replied.
"I'm horrible at making decisions." I said. "I seriously can't make them."
"Okay,, what about chick-fil-a?" He suggested. I agreed,, and we walked towards the place.

After we had eaten it was nearly 6:30pm,, and I still needed to get ready so we walked back to the hotel.

"I'll meet you back here at 7:30pm?" I said when we reached Hayden's room.
"Or you could get ready here?" He said.
"I didn't bring all my clothes with me to your room. The things I wanna wear are still in my room." I said. "I promise I'll be back." I finished.
"But I'll miss you."
"God you're such a baby." I said,, wrapping my arms around him. After a few seconds I pulled away and waved,, walking to my own room.

I showered and washed my hair again even though I washed it a few hours ago,, because I wanted it to be nice. Then I blow dried it and put it into a messy bun to sort out after I was dressed and had done my makeup. I changed into a short black tube dress and vans because I hate heels with a burning passion. It was simple but cute. For my makeup I did a smoky eye,, eyeliner,, highlighter and lipgloss as well as the basics like foundation and concealer.
For my hair I curled it so there wasn't a single straight bit left,, and put it into a half up half down Dutch braid style. I grabbed my phone and checked the time,, 7:25pm. I was on time. Because the casino was inside and there would be a lot of people there,, I decided I didn't need a jacket,, but I did need a purse for my phone and my money,, so I grabbed my purse as well. Then I walked to Hayden's room and knocked on the door.

"Hey." He said. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and black jeans with vans that were the same as mine.
"I didn't know you had the same shoes as me!" I said,, walking into his room.
"I didn't either. Great minds think alike." He said.
"But fools rarely differ." I finished.
"What?"
"That's the end of the saying. Great minds think alike but fools rarely differ. Did you not know that?" I asked.
"Am I supposed to know that?" He said.
"I thought it was common knowledge." I shrugged.
"Aren't you gonna be cold?" He asked me.
"Dude it's inside and there's gonna be loads of people there. It's not exactly an image that makes me think I'm gonna be cold." I said. He walked over to the mirror in his room and reached for his hair gel.
"No." I said,, going over and taking it out of his hands. "I like your hair when it's all curly and not sorted out." I held the tub as far away from him as I could,, which wasn't that far because my arms aren't that long.
"I could easily reach that and take it off of you but I'm not going to." He sighed,, sitting on his bed and pulling me into his lap. "You look really pretty." He said.
"You don't look too bad yourself." I replied. He nuzzled his face into my neck.
"You know we don't have to go to the party. We could just stay here?" He said into my neck,, tickling me.
"I guess we don't." I said. He kicked his shoes off and lay down on the bed,, pulling me with him so I was on top of him. I turned over so I was lying on my stomach,, still on top of him,, and looked him in the eye. He wrapped his arms around me and I put my face into his neck this time. But then I felt his grip weaken and something touching my leg.
"Dude you have got to stop doing this." I giggled. I lifted my head to see his face bright red and I laughed again.
"It's not funny." He said,, pushing me off of him. I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. He groaned and clenched his hands into fists.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"No." He sighed.
"Think about your grandma." I said suddenly.
"What? Ew,, no." He said.
"I heard it helps."

Hayden's POV (What the hell?!)

She just doesn't get it. Every time she comes close to me this happens. I like her so much,, and it's killing me that she doesn't feel the same way.
"I don't think it would." I said,, rolling over and putting my face into the pillow.
"Suit yourself." She said. "I'm stealing one of your shirts to sleep in by the way." I heard her get off the bed and go into my closet and shut the door.
I'm so lucky to have her but she doesn't like me like that.

I hate this chapter so much oh my god.

Anyways I wanna get to know y'all better,, so comment your favourite color.
Mines yellow

Goodbye my chickssssss