↳ t h i r t e e n

The One Where Hayden Has A Panic Attack

*
*
*

Annie's POV

Today was our last day in Vegas before we drove home and went back to school. We were leaving late at night so we'd still have a full day there before leaving.
"We have one more day. What do you wanna do?" I asked.
"We haven't made any friends here. Should we go and make some and get their numbers?" Hayden said. "We didn't go to that party last night which was a great opportunity,, so we can go now."
"Alright. Let me just go and get dressed." I said. I was still wearing Hayden's shirt and shorts that I slept in last night. I rolled off of the bed and opened the door.
"I'll see you in a minute." I said,, dancing down the corridor to my own room. I changed into a Rolling Stones shirt and black ripped jeans and Hayden's jacket with my vans. I left my makeup because my skin was really clear,, and put my hair in a ponytail with a yellow scrunchie.

We walked down the stairs,, well I skipped.
"Someone's jaunty." Hayden said.
"I'm excited. I like meeting new people." I said,, hopping down the stairs. We got to the bottom and made our way to the casino. Sure enough it was full of people,, some of which were our age,, some were younger or older.

There was a small group of people around our age standing near the closed bar. Obviously the bar would be closed at 10am. Hayden grabbed my hand and pulled me over there.
"Hey." I said.
"Hi." A girl said. "I'm Anna." She said.
"I'm Annie. Nice to meet you. This is my friend Hayden." I said,, letting go of his hand.
"I'm jay." One of the boy's said.
"I'm Lilia,, you're so pretty!" The other girl said.
"So are you!" I said. "I love your hair!"
"And I'm Case." The last person said. He was really cute.
"Nice to meet you Case." I smiled.
"So where are y'all from?" Lilia asked. "Are you Vegas natives?"
"Actually we're here on vacation. We're from LA." I said.
"We're from Florida." Anna said. "We always come here the weekend after school starts."
"Oh my god so do we!" I said.
"Oh my god!" Lilia said. "I thought it was just us,, I mean celebrating the start of school? It seems like the worst idea ever,, but we get a vacation out of it!" We all laughed except Hayden,, who I guess felt left out because it was his first time here whereas everyone else had been here at least once before.
"So Annie how old are you?" Case said,, looking me up and down and smirking.
"I'm 15,, and Hayden's 17." I explained. "What about y'all?"
"Everyone is 16 except Jay,, who is 17." Anna said.
"Are you all brothers and sisters?" I asked.
"You could say that. We're in a foster home." Jay said. He didn't sound at all ashamed about it,, and when he said it neither did anyone else.
"So are we!" I said. "I can't believe how much we have in common already!"
"Can we get your number so we can keep in touch? I know we're probably gonna see you this time next year but I wanna be friends." Lilia said.
"Of course,, so do I." We all got our phones out and put it numbers in each other's phones. By the time I got my phone back I had everyone's.
"Well we'd better get going. We have to pack because we're leaving tonight." Hayden said,, holding my hand again,, tightly.
"Oh wait,, Annie do you wanna hang out later?" Case said.
"Sure!" I said. He was cute and I didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to get to know him better.
"I'll text you the details?" He said. I nodded.
"Bye Everyone." Hayden said,, pulling me away so hard I nearly fell over.
"Goodbye!" I shouted. "It was nice to talk to y'all!" We left the casino and I ripped my hand out of Hayden's.
"What the hell was that for?" I said angrily,, rubbing my wrist where he had gripped. He didn't answer.
"Okay,, alright. Fine,, ignore me. I'm going back to my room,, and you can do whatever,, just don't talk to me until you've stopped sulking. I don't want you ruining my last day on vacation." I said,, storming upstairs.

I threw my door open and got my phone out,, throwing myself onto my bed. There was a text from Case.
Case- hey,, do you wanna meet at the ice cream bar at 3:30?
Annie- sure
Case- Okay,, I'll see you there

I was excited. Case was super cute and not to mention nice. I had an hour until I had to meet him,, and for once I was okay with what I was wearing. I did some light makeup then watched the tv until it was time to go.

"Hey." I said,, sitting next to him on the stools.
"Hi." He said. "I got your ice cream already. I hope Oreo is okay?"
"Oreos my favourite!" I said. He slid it over to me and I started eating it.
"Same here." Case said. "I wanna get to know you better. What's your favourite colour?"
"''My favourite colour is Yellow. Yours?" I said.
"Blue. What's your favourite food?"
"Spaghetti easily. I can't live without it. What is your favourite animal?" I asked.
"Koalas. They're so cute. I went to Australia when I was 12,,with my parents before they died. We went to a zoo and they were all climbing the trees." He said. "What's your favourite animal?"
"Hedgehogs because I'm very much like one myself." I said.
"How so?"
"Because I'm prickly and when I get cold I sleep." I said.
"Good analogy." He smiled.
We continued finding things out about each other and I had a lot of fun. I was starting to really like him.

I walked back to my room and lay on my back on my bed,, sighing with happiness. A few minutes later I realised I had to start packing my clothes because we were leaving before dinner. I got my suitcase out and put all my clothes and toiletries in it,, then I remembered some of my stuff was in Hayden's room. I sighed,, in annoyance this time,, and stomped down the corridor to his room.

I knocked on the door and he answered it immediately. His hair was messed up as if he had been running his hands through it and he was breathing really heavily. I know I was supposed to be annoyed at him but he looked so worried that I couldn't help throwing my arms around him and hugging him tightly. Because his head was in the crook of my neck I could feel his tears. I gently guided him into his room and shut the door. I lay on his bed so he was on top of me. His room was a mess and his bed sheets were on the floor. My best guess was that he had a panic attack. He was still crying into my neck.
"What happened?" I said softly. He shook his head before rolling off of me and running to the bathroom. I ran after him and saw him throwing up. I sat next to him and rubbed his back. The only times I've ever thrown up after a panic attack was when they were really,, really bad. He finished and collapsed into my arms,, lying his head in my lap. I played with his messy curls on that bathroom floor until he fell asleep.

Hello

I'm gonna start doing a QOTD or a QOTU (question of the update because there's no guarantee that I'll update every dayyyy)

So

QOTU- What is your favourite song?
AOTU- old town road (ofc basic) and Gold by Spandau Ballet or Thrift Shop by Macklemore

Goodbye my chickiesssss