↳ t e n

The One With The Elevator

*
*
*

Annie's POV

I dragged myself out of the pool after Hayden dropped me in it,, and lay back on my lounger again. I wrapped myself in my towel because I was freezing cold,, I mean it was winter in Vegas and we were in an outdoor pool. Whoever thought this was a good idea was a band person not gonna lie.
"Annie?" Hayden whined. I sighed.
"What do you want?" I said,, salty as hell.
"Do you wanna go inside? You look cold as fuck." He said,, climbing out of the pool.
"I'm fine." I lied. He was having fun and I didn't wanna spoil that for him.
"Annie your lips are blue and your skin is like purple." He pointed out. "We're going inside." He said firmly,, grabbing his towel and pulling me up. We walked down the stairs and got in the elevator to go down to the hotel part.

"I'll meet you back here when you're dressed okay?" I said when we reached Hayden's room.
"Or you could stay here?" He asked.
"I haven't got any clothes with me." I said. "I can't."
"Bring your clothes and stuff with you when you come back and stay here tonight." He said. We still had two nights left before we went back home,, so I thought about it for a second and I didn't really fancy having another nightmare and waking up crying.
"Okay." I said. "Can I go now? I'll be back in an hour and we can go and do something."
"See you in a bit." He said,, going into his room and closing his door behind him. I continued down the corridor to my own room and shut the door behind me.

I immediately got in the hot shower because my skin really was going purple because I was so cold. Then I washed my hair to get the chlorine out of it. When I was done I dried my hair and put it into a simple ponytail with a yellow scrunchie and went into my closet to get dressed.
I changed into a blue and white checked square neck bodysuit with a white t-shirt underneath and some blue jeans with my blue vans. I quickly applied some simple makeup and grabbed my phone,, which had been charging the whole time I was getting ready.

I knocked on Hayden's door. He opened it shirtless and I didn't even realise I was staring.
"Huh. You like what you see?" He said.
"Oh please." I scoffed. "You're so cocky it's unbelievable."
"Really? Because I seem to remember you saying on multiple occasions that I was cute and hot,, was it?" He said,, opening the door so I could go in. The overpowering smell of his deodorant hit me in the face. I coughed loudly and backed out.
"You're gonna gas me!" I shrieked. "Why have you sprayed deodorant so much?"
"You love it." He said,, flexing his muscles in a show-offy manner. I waved my arms in front of me as I re-entered the room,, wafting the smell away from me and sitting on his bed.
"Stop flexing and put a shirt on." I said,, trying my hardest not to stare. It was pretty hard not to. "What do you wanna do?"
"We could go and check out that ice cream bar thing?" He said,, putting on a shirt. I nodded.
"Shall we go now?" I said.
"Yes! I need ice cream." He said dramatically.
"Oh shut your face." I laughed as we walked out into the corridor and down to the elevator.

We pressed the button for the floor the ice cream bar was on,, and the elevator started to move.
"I don't know why I keep coming in these things I hate them." I said.
"Elevators? They're not that bad." Hayden said.
"I hate the feeling of being in an enclosed space,, and I hate that butterfly feeling you get in your stomach when you go down." I explained.
"Nothing's gonna happen to you in here. It's like a 10 second ride." He laughed. He spoke too soon.
The elevator stopped.
"See? We're here. Did anything happen? No." He said. Then the lights went off.
"Hayden..." I said,, trying to find him. The elevator suddenly seemed a lot bigger in the dark,, but at the same time it seemed very small. I felt him grab me and pull me closer to him.
"Have you got your phone?" He asked.
"Yes." I said,, fishing in my pocket and bringing it out.
"Shine the torch on the buttons. We need to press the emergency one." I did as he said and he pressed the button. "Now we wait."
"Hayden I don't like this." I said,, feeling my breathing shorten and become more rapid. I started to feel light headed and my legs went wobbly.
"Hey hey hey!" Hayden said,, holding me up. "We're gonna sit down and we're gonna talk until someone comes and gets us,, okay?" He gently lowered us down to the floor and I sat on his lap.
"What do you wanna talk about?" He asked. I shook my head,, unable to get any words out. I felt like I was gonna pass out any second. "I'll just talk then. I was born in Texas. My favourite color is purple. I had a girlfriend called Tegan when I was 14,, and we dated for 2 years. We broke up after I found out she cheated on me with my best friend Zach. I have 3 brothers,, Jimmy,, Hunter and Dylan. They all moved away to do what they wanted and were too far away for me to go and live with." He continued telling me about his life,, and his calming voice put me in a state of,, I don't know what to call it,, consciousness?

Wassup

I got detention for not handing my essay in and I'm so pissed off

Goodbye my chicks