↳ e i g h t e e n

The One Where It Becomes Official

*
*
*

Annie's POV

I walked home from school with my headphones in on my own. Hayden got detention for shouting at his teacher in math,, so I was alone. I unlocked the door to see a note saying that everyone else had gone out for dinner and wouldn't be back until around 10pm. Who takes six hours to eat dinner? A psychopath,, that's who.

I threw myself on my bed and unplugged my headphones,, connecting my phone to my speaker. Then I changed into sweatpants,, but I couldn't find any of my hoodies,, so I decided to steal one of Hayden's. Because the house was empty I just walked out of my room in my bra and sweatpants,, and into Hayden's room. I walked into his closet and saw yet another note,, written in Hayden's untidy scrawl.
To Annie,,
You're probably here because you couldn't find any of your hoodies so you came to steal one of mine. Don't worry,, I stole all your hoodies so you'd be in this position. Take any of my hoodies but change into something nice and go to the lake near our house.
Love from Hayden

I finished reading the note and smiled at his quirkiness. Then I went back into my room and changed into a short blue and white striped dress with straps over a white t-shirt and my blue vans. I put my hair in a half up half down space bun style and wrapped a blue scrunchie around my wrist. I grabbed my phone and walked to the lake because it was a short walk,, just a couple of blocks.

I made it to the lake and at first I didn't see anything. Then as my eyes focused on the other side I saw something that looked like a fort with fairy lights. The lake wasn't that big,, but it was still a fair size so it was quite hard to see. I started walking around the waters edge to get to the structure.

I eventually reached it and saw Hayden lying on a blanket next to it.
"I thought you were in detention." I said,, walking up to him.
"I said that so I could plan this." He said,, gesturing around.
"I love it." I said,, sitting next to him. "Here,, you've got like a leaf or something in your hair." I said,, picking it out and throwing it onto the grass. Before I could bring my arm back towards me he grabbed my wrist and intertwined our fingers,, playing with my hand. He was looking at the floor,, like he was embarrassed.
"What's wrong?" I asked. He didn't answer for a second,, and continued playing with my hand. Then he spoke.
"Annie?" He said.
"Yes Hayden?"
"I really like you." He mumbled. "Like really,, really like you." I wrapped my arms around him and pushed him down so I was lying on top of him. I felt his arms go around my waist and I smiled into his chest. "And I don't know what to do about it." He finished defeatedly. I pushed myself up and gently pressed my lips against his. He froze for a second and then kissed back. It got more and more heated and he flipped us over so he was on top and started kissing my neck. I moaned quietly as he left a trail of hickeys down my neck.

Soon I pushed him away and he rolled off of me.
"Annie will you be my girlfriend?" He asked breathlessly.
"Yes." I said,, equally as out of breath. "I really like you too."

The end of this chapter is kind of similar to the end of another chapter but I can't remember which chapter it was so we're gonna leave it here.