↳ s e v e n

The One With The Car Journey

*
*
*

Annie's POV

It was the weekend after the first day of school. Hayden had made so many friends but he still sat with me at lunch because me and Jayden were no longer friends. A few times I sat with him and his friends,, Indiana,, Carson,, Matt,, Will,, Caden and Connor. Basically all the popular people in his grade. They're all cool people but I still prefer to sit on my own,, and Hayden insists on sitting with me even if it means he doesn't get to spend time with his own friends.
Everyone in my grade is shocked that I could be friends with someone 'so hot and cute',, but that doesn't bother me. Jayden sits with all the other girls in our homeroom,, and they all just bitch about everyone,, sometimes me and Hayden,, but mostly just me.

"Annie,, hayden! Come on,, you two are the last people still sleeping!"
I opened my eyes and groaned,, remembering that the weekend after winter break we always go to Vegas for the weekend to celebrate going back to school. Celebrating school,, I know. It's weird. But I've done it every year of my school life. It's tradition. The one thing I hate about it is that it's a road trip and I hate long car journeys. I get travelsick and I never have anyone to talk to.
Now I'm assuming Hayden will talk to me,, but travel sickness will still be hell.
"Annie! Hayden! What are you two doing?" Nicole shouted. Nicole shouted. I rolled over and saw Hayden sleeping peacefully next to me. I was in his room,, I guess you could say we had a sleepover. He had his arm resting over my waist lightly.
"Hayden,, we have to get up. We're going to Vegas for the weekend." I said,, shaking him lightly.
"Ughhh." He groaned and rolled over so his head was on my chest and opened his eyes.
"Hello." I said.
"Good morning." He said,, sounding salty as hell.
"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." I grinned,, playing with his morning curls. I loved his hair in the morning because it was so messy and cute.
"I hate road trips. I hate cars in general,, ever since..." He said into my chest.
"I know,, I know." I said. "But it'll be fine. I'll be there,, and even if I'm puking I'll still keep your mind off of it,, okay?"
"You promise?" He asked,, looking up.
"I promise." I held my pinkie finger out so we could pinkie promise. "Now come on. Are you packed?" He nodded and rolled further on top of me.
"We have to go,, Hayden. Everyone's waiting for us downstairs and we're still in bed." I laughed.
"Do we have to go?" He asked.
"Yes,, or else social services will come and put us in a different foster home,, and I don't wanna be separated from you." I said. He pulled himself upwards so his face was in my neck. His face was really warm.
"You feel really hot." I said. "Are you feeling okay?"
"I'm always warm when I wake up. I don't know why,, I just am." He said,, still in my neck.
"We really have to get up,, Hayden. Everyone's waiting to go." I said,, trying to push him off of me. Suddenly he kissed my neck. He did it so quickly that I wasn't sure if I made it up or not. Then he was off of me and in his closet with the door shut,, getting dressed. I went back into my own room feeling very confused,, but at the same time happy. He was my best friend,, I didn't like him like that,, did I?

I went into my closet and changed into a pale pink skirt with a baby blue t-shirt and my white vans with Hayden's jacket,, because it was my favourite piece of clothing. I grabbed my bag with all my clothes in and ran downstairs.
"There you are! Where's Hayden?" Nicole asked.
"Right here!" Hayden said,, running down the stairs.
"Alright! We're ready to go!" Nicole said,, grabbing her own bag and opening the door. We all piled into the car. I sat at the very back next to the window because it was where I felt most comfortable and where I felt the least travel sick. Hayden threw himself next to me and put his seatbelt on.
"Hey." He said.
"Sup." I nodded. The spot on my neck where he kissed still felt warm. The car started and I put my head against the window,, trying not to think about the 4 and a half hour drive ahead of me. Then I felt Hayden's hand intertwine with mine and remembered that he was also scared.

I put my head on his shoulder and squeezed his hand. I felt his breathing quicken and become shallower.
"Hayden talk to me." I said suddenly,, removing my head from his shoulder.
"What?" He said,, turning to face me. His face was extremely pale.
"Talk to me. Take your mind off of it. Tell me about your parents." I said.
"My mom was an angel. I never treated her that well,, I was horrible to her. My dad,, he always did everything he could to protect me and make sure I had the best life,, and I was horrible to him as well." He said,, shaking his head.
"Don't think about that. I'm sure you were nice to them most of the time." I said. He didn't say anything,, he just closed his eyes. I knew he was about to cry,, but his big tough-guy act was more important. "Stop acting like this big tough guy for once." He opened his eyes and I saw how glassy they were and I wished I could just hug him but us being in a car made that impossible. I put my head on his shoulder again and played with his curls,, and he wrapped his arm behind me. We sat there for what seemed like forever,, and I think I fell asleep.

"Alright kids we're here. Grab your bags and wait in reception." Nicole said,, waking me out of my slumber. I saw I was lying fully on Hayden and he had his arms wrapped protectively around me,, still sleeping.
"Hay,, come on,, we're here." I said,, gently peeling his arms off of me. He put them back immediately and groaned. "Hayden we need to get out of the car." He opened his eyes and smiled at me. I smiled back,, and got out of the car. He followed suit.

"Alright,, you all will be in your own rooms,, they're all on the same floor of the hotel." Nicole said,, handing out keys. I grabbed mine and Hayden's,, and we made our way to the elevator to go to our rooms.

Oo what will happen in Vegas?

9 votes for next chapterrrrrr

Goodbye my little chicks