Chapter 7

+

"Sorry, I—" We both stopped mid-sentence when we realized we're both speaking the same thing.

"I..." I gave the man an awkward smile. Unintentionally checking him out.

I wander my eyes around his face as it was seemingly familiar. His eyes looks sad but there's a hint of mischief in it as if he's about to laugh any minute or might be planning something stupid. His plump lips can be easily distinguished even while smiling. He mirrors the same smile I'm giving as I'm just as sure that he feels awkward to bump into someone.

"Sorry." He whispered between gritted teeth.

"No, No, it's fine." I said, Getting back from subtle trance after his apology.

I composed myself and so does he; gripping into his backpack that seems to be half full but not as heavy.

"Ahm, I'm going now, thank you. B-bye!" I pursed my lips then averted my gaze to the groud giving him a little nod; taking steps farther away from him.

He's handsome, okay?

But he seems familiar.

Busan, 2013

It's been several days when Jungkook and I began getting closer as ever. Most of the times, he picks me up and then we go to amusement park and shops. We eat, play, and talk about the most nonsensical things in this world and have a laugh about it.

Today, Jungkook will introduce me to some of his friends that dance with him. The thought of him introducing me feels like a couple thing so I felt it again.

The butterflies.

But don't get me wrong, we're just friends...or as what he's always telling me. Though, the times he talks about Sohyun lessen and turned into us.

Our dreams.

Our future.

The day when I felt like he likes me too...more than what I have told myself to keep from expecting.

Together with this "necklace".

I felt like a little push can make us defy the world.

I felt my face bumping on his back. I lift my gaze to see that we're about to cross the road. I fell deep into my thoughts.

I cupped my face to cover the growing tint on my cheeks. I'm in public!

I looked at Jungkook to see him focused on the signage. As it turns green, I felt a hand on mine, pulling me in a hurry. I didn't had the chance to protest.

"Ya—" Then, again, I felt embarassed because of my tomato face. Why am I being like this?!

I just stared on his hand holding mine while crossing the road. Good thing I didn't bumped into someone.

"So before we go to our place, where do you want to e...at— Nabi, you okay?" Maybe he noticed that I'm not even listening to him since I keep on looking inside my bag as if looking for something...but I'm not.

"Ah...eh..."

I felt a hand under my chin, gently lifting my face. I bit my lip when he had a good look of it. To my surprise, he smiled.

The best smile I have ever seen.

He looks like a bunny.

"What happened?" Almost a whisper, he said the words so soft I might mistook it as a caress.

I just shook my head and grin awkwardly.

But what surprised me is when he tilted his head and lean forward, making us almost an inch apart. My eyes are now bigger than his.