Chapter 4 (Part 2)

Chapter 4 (part 2)

Nabi's POV

I look around hoping to find him on the crowd.

I know he's with Sohyun awhile ago because she's already holding the present we bought. I also gave mine yesterday night before we slept and greeted her a Happy birthday.

Jungkook has been my crush eversince I met him...and I don't think it's just a feeling of crush. He's the most handsome and caring person I ever known but I knew that there's little to none chance for him to notice me since he likes Sohyun.

I knew it even if he doesn't tell me. They're very close and whenever he stares at her is different. I feel jealous just with the thought of seeing tthem together.

I sighed. This is getting boring. I should be inside my room sleeping but here I am, wearing a cocktail dress and walking around looking for someone to talk to.

The party is yet to start and everyone's attention diverted at the stage when Sohyun came out from the backstage.

She's wearing a black fitted dress that really suits her body. I slid my hands through my dress comparing myself to her.

'She's beautiful... it won't be a surprise if a lot of men swoon over her, even him.'

I was about to leave the crowd when I heard someone shouting Sohyun's name. Everyone fell silent so I look at the person who shouted.

But before I knew, someone took my wrist and pulled me somewhere.

"Wa-wait!" I said. I pulled my hand away trying to get away with him but then I stopped in my track when I saw, Jungkook's smiling face, almost laughing.

My face flushed red. "K-kookie?!"

I didn't easily recognized his face since it's a bit dark and the only light that brighten up the place is the lamp post.

"I've been looking for you." He said with a chuckle. I frowned then answered him, "but you don't have to scare me like that! I almost punched you in the face.".

He laughed wholeheartedly, "I'm sorry..." still laughing, he added, "I didn't know you won't recognize me, I didn't meant to scare you like that."

'You should be thankful you're handsome or else...'

"Hmp. I don't believe you." I said rolling my eyes.

"You're cute." He spoke that made me frozen for a second. He already stopped laughing and as I stared at him, he's also doing the same. I saw something in his eyes that I couldn't tell but I immediately averted my gaze on the ground.

"Huh?" I said trying to catch up on what he said. But he didn't repeated his words. Instead, he took out something from  his pocket. He took my hand and put a small box on my hands.

"Here, this is for you." He said.

I looked up to him with surprise. "What's this?!" I asked hiding the excitement that's starting to rise inside me.

"Open it." He said then put his hands on his pockets. Looking nervous.

I turned my gaze at the box and started opening it.

A small gasp escaped from my lips the moment the sparkle of the necklace reflected on my eyes.

This is the necklace we saw at the jewelry shop yesterday! I looked at him and the question, "why?" Escaped from my lips without a sound.

"I found out that yesterday was your 15th birthday. I'm sorry, I didn't—"

I cut his words by giving him a tight hug. "Thank you!" I said then tears escaped from my eyes because of happiness. "I really loved it. You don't know how much I appreciated it." I said between sobs. I felt him hugging me back and whispered, "You're very much welcome." Then kissed my head then hugged me tighter like how I did with him.

We let go of each other and smile as he asked me to let him put the necklace. I nodded and gave it to him.

I turned around and felt his fingers removing my hair strands setting it aside. He started putting on the necklace when I felt his warm breath on my nape. His warm breath that made my eyes closed for a moment.

I know... I know I'm not the one he likes...but for a moment I felt like he does.

"There." He said dismissing the moment. I opened my eyes and looked at the necklace then turned to him.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"I hope you'll always wear that and take care of that...letting you know that as long as you have it, I'm always be here; that you have me and I'm going to protect you." He said with his eyes locked on mine.

A soft smile came from my lips as I felt my hands on the pendant... it's a seagull.

"Yes. I will."

Third person POV

Meanwhile, Taehyung, who is currently standing behind a round bush, carefully stepped back to avoid making sound that may catch two people's attention.

It was Nabi and Jungkook hugging each other. His jaw clenched tight as jealousy takes over him. His breath started getting heavy. His chest was pounding. His hands also began to tighten its grip from his left hand holding the tip of his shirt to his right hand holding a small bag.

But then, he remained completely composed as he tried to suppress the jealousy he's feeling since he cannot do anything about it. Nabi doesn't even know his existence!

'How hard it is to have a liking on someone who never knew you exist?' He thought to himself.

He slowly put the small bag he's holding inside his pocket. He badly want to punch and take away Nabi from the man but he just pressed his lips as a sign of withdrawal.

When he's a bit far from them, he walked continuously taking a normal step this time with a poker face.

When he came across a trash can, he stop midway then pulled out the small bag and threw it into the trash can. He doesn't mind if he bought that for Nabi.

He surely thought that Nabi wouldn't even spare some time meeting him or even give crap while introducing his self.

He went back home alone with a broken heart.

-------

Enjoy!

The seagull's symbol means freedom at first then dependence.

I would like to hear out your thoughts about the chapters :)