"Yeah. Oh, there they are right now," he said, pointing to a group of people standing by the school's entrance.

The closer we got to them the more I could recognize who they were. The "dweebs" Troy and James loved to antagonize.

"Hey, Will! What's up?" the kid with the hat and curly hair said as we walked up.

"Guys this is y/n l/n, they're in my new English class. Uh y/n, these are my friends Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, and Mike Wheeler," he introduced pointing to each boy.

The curly-haired boy was Dustin. Mike was the one I had previously know as "Frog Face", a nickname given to him courtesy of Troy. Lucas was the one with the tiny sling shot thing.

"Cool, nice to meet you guys!"

Dustin smiled at me and Will. It was only then that I realized he had missing teeth. It kind of it made him look like a baby, but in the cute way. Will just elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ow!"

And as if on cue, all four boys groaned in unison. I turned around and groaned too. It was Troy and James.

"What's up Toothless?" James laughed, pointing to Dustin's mouth.

Troy was too busy laughing along to notice I was standing there and walked straight past me.

"What do you want guys want?" Dustin asked, fear in his voice.

James had shoved Mike to the ground and snapped the band off of Lucas' slingshot.

"Leave them alone!" Dustin defended.

"Leaf wem awone." Troy mocked.

"That's enough, Troy knock it off!" I butted in, my arms crossed.

He turned around to notice me and smiled.

"Hey there, dork," he smirked.

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that."

"Sorry, dork, not gonna happen. I like the name, it suits you."

"Go away you guys. Leave us alone," Mike said standing back up.

Troy spun around quickly and pinned the boy to the brick wall. The rest of the boys groaned again as James and Troy just laughed. I couldn't stand them.

"Guys, I said stop!" I practically yelled.

The lot was nearly vacant, so no one really heard me.

"Or else what?"

Just then, I thought of something. I stepped closer to Troy and whispered something into his ear. Troy looked at me in shock for a moment, but let go of Mike.

"Let's go," Troy said to James.

James bucked at Lucas and Will, but left on command. I crossed my arms and waited for them to leave. When they were out of sight, I spun around to the group behind me.

"Guys I am so sorry! Troy is such a tool. Are you okay?"

They all nod and stare at me in confusion. I tilt my head as I started walking down the sidewalk.

"Well, um, I should get going. My parents are expecting me to be home soon," I said.

"Wait!" someone called out from behind me.

It was Lucas.

"Wait up!"

The boys followed suit and walked alongside me.