seven

𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

Carol and Morrigan shared a bittersweet look as Natasha cut her sandwich diagonally, almost blocking out Rocket's mission debrief. "Yeah, we boarded that highly suspect warship Danvers pinged."

"It was an infectious garbage scowl." Nebula interjected hoarsely, clearly unpleased with what they'd come across. Rocket and Nebula flew the Benatar across a few galaxies to help nearby planets as Carol had a wider perimeter.

"So, thanks for the hot tip." Rocket said sarcastically, leaning forward to catch her eyes. Okoye gave Morrigan a sly side-eye.

"Well, you were closer." It was true.

"Yeah. And now we smell like garbage." Good thing they aren't here then, or it'd be really stinky, Morrigan thought. She wanted to throw a joke in; however, they're usually not lighthearted when these meetings occur.

Through the hologram, Natasha walked around her desk. Each time they called in, Natasha's hair was slowly becoming that signature red shade. Although each time Morrigan saw her, Natasha appeared exhausted. "You get ready on those tremors?" She wanted to deviate from the Guardians' failed mission.

"It was mild subduction under the African plate," Okoye replied, unbothered by whatever was happening under the continent.

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?" Natasha questioned, eager to find something to put her mind on.

Okoye frowned, understanding the tone in her friend's voice. "Nat, it's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not, handling it." Natasha nodded acutely.

Moving on to the next person to inform on recent news, Natasha averted her attention to the Queen. "How are the supply ships coming along?"

All eyes drifted upon the Queen. "Nicely. Many have reached their destination and are on their way back. The next scheduled departure is being loaded as we speak." With the fall of most civilizations around the Universe, Valyriate was one of very few that managed to progress after the Decimation effectively. Under Morrigan's rule, Valyriate reached out to dozens of hindered planets amongst different galaxies, supplying them with resources to stabilize themselves. "Midgard should expect theirs by tomorrow at least."

"Good to hear." Natasha made a mental note to remember the arrival. "Carol, are we seeing you here next month?" Morrigan's gaze shifted to Danvers. She enjoyed seeing Carol in her new suit. The design she helped create was very intuitive. However, she did not cut her hair.

"Not likely." She replied. That wasn't a good sign exactly.

"What, you gonna get a new haircut?" Rocket joked, motioning towards Carol's new hairdo. Morrigan couldn't help herself but subside a scoffing sound.

Carol stared down Morrigan playfully before actually staring down at Rocket. "Listen to fur—face, I'm covering a lot of territories. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere, on thousands of planets." Now that was bad news. Everyones' soul collectively died a bit more.

Rocket apologized and took back the joke. "Alright, that's a good point." He said softly.

Carol veered back to Natasha. "So you might not see me for a long time." Carol looked at Morrigan sadly.