one

Her words echoed like deafening booms of his own thunder

Her words echoed like deafening booms of his own thunder. "What?" His hand lifted from his shoulder as he felt the need to caress his child's head. His throat became sticky whilst an intense stinging throbbed his eyes; the tear ducts wanting release.

Morrigan watched Thor's face contort into confusion, shock and anguish. She could feel the sudden grief radiating from his skin and the short, raspy breaths he took in. She knew this was the absolute worst time for Omisha to inform the father of her child that the deceased youngster lying in her lap was, in fact, his daughter. "Must she say it again? Your daughter." She squeezed Iduna's forearm gently, still trying to feel a pulse.

The churning of metal was followed by rushed footsteps that abruptly skidded just before where Steve sat. "Oh no ..." He wanted to say something else but the sight of the pale girl jabbed Bruce in the heart harder than he ever thought it would. It's not like they were even friendly acquaintances, as she did try to attack him. When the girl betrayed Thanos, knowing the risk of her life was in grave danger instantly, Bruce knew she was a fighter. Bruce mouthed his apologies, knowing all too well his voice would crack if he tried to speak.

The sympathetic gazes Thor and Omisha received from the survivors made the god's mind race. They were mourning the loss of his child. They were saddened by the sight of his flesh and blood lying limp in her mother's arm. The survivor's stood in silence for a daughter he never knew he had.

He connected the dots. "After the Ball?" Thor eyed Omisha as she nodded slightly. "How long till you realized?"

"The day I arrived back in Valyriate." She murmured as her hand fumbled with her daughter's hair. She heard Thor's breath catch and saw his eyes clench tightly shut. It was like he was trying to block out the pain and suffering. She didn't know how to though.

Thor stood up suddenly, taking a step back from them all. His hands trembled and his arms sparkled with blue electricity. His eyes shimmered blue streaks as tears began to deep down his cheeks. "Why did you not tell me?" His eyes stared her in the back of the skull as hers stared at their child's face. Every other survivor felt too awkward and upset to step away or say anything — besides Morrigan of course.

"Thanos would've killed her if he knew she was of Asgardian blood." Every deity knew the Titan had other dabbles with Asgardians but this was entirely different. It was never for certain what the Titan would've done to the child if he was informed of her origin but her family understood that it was best to not tell anything. "We believed if Thanos knew your blood ran through her body, she would've been killed." Her tone wasn't the most gentle of many but she was the only one with enough strength to say the words.