four

It was decided that everyone should head to bed. It was decided to reconvene in the kitchen tomorrow for a debrief. They'd only reunited back in the conference room to finally admit that they were all that was left. It was a sickly feeling that rumbled in their stomachs as they slept. No one else was going to pop in and save the day.

The heroes twisted and turned all night, each one trying to kick out all of the negative thoughts. Pepper had her arms around Tony all night, grateful to have him back in her arms. Then, finally, the original Avengers lumbered into their designated quarters, stiff and tired.

James and Omisha had opened up a few more beds in a lounge that had been redesigned into a multipurpose bedroom for the extraterrestrials. Morrigan, Carol and Rocket fiddled with sheets and pillows, finding a certain comfort between the three. "Can't believe he's gone too," Carol whispered, wishing with all her might Morrigan would say no.

Morrigan handed Rocket a pillow before looking her dead in the eyes. "I know." The soldier didn't want to believe the answer that left her mouth. "All we found was his pager."

Omisha stood by the doorframe of the refurnished lounge. Her heart sank as her mother embraced Carol, who had a tear running down her face. The rocket was slowly fixing up the new beds, unfazed and glum. Sitting on her bed, Nebula had her back to her sister.

Silently the Heiress tiptoed her way to the bed and sat down nicely next to her sister. Nebula's face was looking straight down, avoiding all eye contact with her sister. Omisha pursed her lips, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry about Iduna." She said in her husky tone. Her head twitched up just so her left eye could see Omisha's face. "I would've like to meet her."

That was not what she expected from Nebula. Omisha was tossing between whether a definite insult or jab at Omisha's mistakes or life, either of those. However, Omisha noted that both had suffered a lot in the past few years, more than some. The god took this as a sign of peace between them. "She would've liked you." Her heart boomed as Nebula's blue lips perked up. She placed a hand on Nebula's shoulder. "I'm glad you're here. Thanos should've snapped us because we've always been a good team."

The sisters reconciled, giving each other a warm hug. It was only when Rocket called out to all the women in the room that he'd prepped all the beds. He sarcastically replied to each thank you he received from them before jumping up onto his own. The ladies watched him curl up into a ball under the covers and snuggle his face into the pillow. If they didn't know he was what he was, then they'd all be cooing.

As each hero finally drifted off into a deep sleep, the Avengers Headquarters became eerily peaceful. Falling asleep put everyone into a relaxed state. Although for some, sleep was an enemy.

When the sun finally peaked over the compounds surrounding trees and lit up every room with an uncovered window, no one woke up. The comfort of the mattresses was obviously more important than talking about a plan. That was until a Guardian that was rummaging in the kitchen opened a few cupboards that stored pots and pans.

The sound of three pans and two pots slipping off their shelf, smashing on to the counter and creating massive thundering booms as they hit the floor woke everyone up. Rocket watched on helplessly as each cooking tool fell on to the floor.

When the Queen finally stirred and sat up in her bed, her hazy eyes instantly focused on the empty bed. "I'm going to murder that raccoon." The other three women shared bewildered looks, all wordlessly agreeing Morrigan was dramatic.