Chapter 12

---Thorn's POV---

I hadn't exactly expected my dad to turn so overprotective; as soon as Ye'iitsoh had ran after Blake whilst muttering that he'd teach the pup some manners, dad grabbed Bidziil by the wrist and told him that they needed to talk.

Now I was sitting here, twiddling my thumbs as I wondered where everybody was and what was I going to do until they got back. I suppose I could explore this house but...I didn't want to bump into one of those supernatural creatures and freak out.

"Ugh." I groaned in annoyance while rubbing through my hair, feeling stressed and on edge. Simply being back in this realm was making me feel tense, like I had to constantly look back over my shoulder. Even now, being in a room on my own, I had the feeling of being watched.

With an annoyed huff, I stood up and made my way to the garden outside. As soon as I stepped out, I felt a bit calmer. The Fae had already healed several of the trees and I was amazed to see so many colors and different leafs.

My feet moved slowly while my eyes strayed from one tree to another. A massive oak tree in the center of the yard dwarfed slender birches with their white barks, as if it was sheltering the rest of the plants with its massive branches and green leafs which rustling in the wind.

The fresh scent of watered plants and moist soil wafted up, soothing my tense muscles even more before I brushed my hand over the rough exterior of the oak tree. Somehow, I was aware of the soothing energy of the tree, the slow pulse of life humming softly under the palm of my hand.

A hushed whisper echoed through my mind, nudging me to open my eyes and turn around. Familiar blue eyes blinked curiously at me as the auburn haired Fae observed me with a light smile pulling at the corner of his mouth.

"Curious little thing, aren't you?" His voice lilted while he walked around me slowly, his bare feet silent on the mossy forest floor. I watched with hesitant curiosity, as the moss seemed delighted by the Fae's presence, little flowers sprouting in the male's wake before he paused beside me.

"You protect mortals while you're the exact opposite, have powers that I've never seen in any creature of this world and your ability to actually feel compassion for the plants and wildlife stuns me." Lorain whispered as he brushed a finger over the bark, almost like a lover would touch his loved one.

The tree seemed to shiver under the small caress before I felt something fall onto my head with a sharp thwack. "Ow!" My hand flew up while Lorain let out an amused chuckle before I pulled my hand back, staring at the acorn in my hands. It was still growing, even as it had fallen of the tree, leaves uncurling and the nut changing from a brilliant green in a warm brown.

Lorain's eyes flashed with a hint of mischief before he patted the tree softly and stepped away. I followed the Fae, knowing intuitively that I could trust the man without a doubt. Some of his brethren however...

"Don't worry about the rest of my kin; our race might be fickle but right now, they're more concerned on healing the wildlife than harming you." The redhead said with a wave of his hand, gesturing to several others who were all busy with the growing forest around us.

"Huh..." I hummed distractedly, smiling as I spotted a few butterflies fluttering around the trees. I've never seen these animals before and was surprised that they didn't seem afraid at all, in fact, I had to cough and wave my hand in front of my face when a pale yellow flew right in my face and settled on my nose.

What the? I'm not a flower!

Lorain laughed brightly, shaking his fiery hair before he gently encouraged the insect to crawl on his finger and fly off with a gentle blow of his breath. "My apologies, they're curious little things."