Chapter 9

---Thorn's POV---

Something was off.

It was a sensation that I couldn't shake off, the feeling that something wasn't right but you didn't know what. I shivered slightly before shaking my head and looked over the edge of my jeans-clad knees towards Bidziil.

A smile played on y lips as I watched him interact with Blake, giving the wolfed-out boy a playful yank on his tail before avoiding the equally playful snap of teeth. The two hellhounds were bounding around as well, enticing Blake in a game of chase.

The dark wolf chased after them, occasionally stumbling as he was still adapting to running on all fours instead of just two. I chuckled and had to clap my hand over my mouth when his big paws tripped, sending him flying head over heels through the air before landing in a puff of dust.

"Seems like he still needs some time to adjust." Bidziil commented, surprising me while I shot up from my relaxed position in the chair. It was an instinctive reaction but I instantly calmed and folded my legs out as I sat back down.

I nodded at Bidziil's remark while I eyed Blake for a moment before sighing as I realized he needed another wolf to show him the ropes. When I related this to Bidziil, he nodded with a serious expression and sat beside me on the outdoor couches before plucking me off my seat and plopping me down on his lap.

My body tensed the slightest bit while my face heated up a bit; I remembered what happened the last time I was placed in this position. Biting my lip slightly, I tried to push that thought out of my head while I focused on Bidziil's deep voice but I did notice the amused twitch of his lip.

He knew bloody well what he was doing. His words however kept me from pointing out the obvious, as he firmly stated, "We'll need to go back to earth and find a relatively friendly pack who'll teach him all about his wolf."

I froze with my breath stuck in my throat, unable to react besides a dazed blink. Back to Earth? To the creatures who hunted us as sport? This time I was aware of it when the entities appeared in a tidal wave of smoke and angry whispers, the black shade instantly expanding to twice its original size.

Turning around in Bidziil's lap, I stared down at him with shock and anger leaking into my expressions. "You're suggesting that I'll simply drop Blake in the hands of the monsters who hunted us for and never gave us a moment of peace?"

Bidziil only eyed me curiously, as if trying to understand what was wrong and not in the least bit impressed by the venom dripping of my words. The entity beside me screeched in anger while Bidziil got a firm grip on my hips and hauled me up, carrying me away from the others and to his room before my entity caught up with him.

The collision forced all the air out of Bidziil's lungs before he released me and staggered back, while I stayed seated on the floor, silently fuming that he was willingly tossing Blake in a dangerous situation. Strangely, Bidziil didn't seem too affected by the attack; in fact, he dared to flash me a teasing smirk.

I scowled, willing the entity to come back and perhaps glue Bidziil to the wall like I had done with Ashkii. Surprisingly, the entity didn't attack him anymore but hovered in a corner, as if waiting to see what was going to happen.

When I looked back up, I huffed as I was tackled to the floor. Bidziil's pecs were pushed right in my face, giving me a moment of distraction before growled in annoyance and slapped at the muscle. He barely twitched and chuckled, catching my flailing hands in his big hands before pinning them above me.

Slumping to the floor, panting in anger as Bidziil covered my entire body with his, I had the odd sensation as if something was prying inside my mind, my memories. Finding Bidziil's eyes, I only saw concentration and slight worry in them before I narrowed my own.