Chapter 2

---Bidziil's POV---

The wolves whimpered as they struggled to get up. Those that were smart enough to back off looked wide-eyed at their pack mates before gulping as they glanced at me. They shifted on the spot, though several stayed in their animal form.

As a precaution, I'm sure of it. A wicked smirk slipped on my face while I crossed my arms, looking at the men who were eying me cautiously. "What are you?" One of the werewolves at my feet spat out, glaring up at me with a combination of hatred and fear.

The man flinched though when he met my burning gaze, my eyes probably as dark as charcoal. "What I am is of no concern of you. You rather be worried to why I am here." I stated, speaking cryptically since I wanted these men to remember this conversation.

They seemed confused but didn't dare to speak as I lowered my arms casually before taking a step closer, smiling coldly when they backed off. Cowards. I've seen them attack that small group of humans and they had easily outnumbered them three to one. But when they were faced with a fare fight, they cowered with their tails clutched tightly between their legs.

It made my temper flare up and probably my eyes as well, since the men stepped back, feeling threatened while those still as a wolf whimpered and laid down to in an attempt to sooth my anger.

"I've been sent here by the elders of my realm," I emphasized that last bit, watching with cold amusement as their eyebrows shot up and their eyes widening comically. "Because it has been brought under our attention that you immortals screwed this world over."

"Now hold on just a minute, that isn't our fault! Those humans are the cause of this!" The woman that shouted out stepped forwards, her eyes flaring up with the typical golden hue of a wolf's eyes.

Turning my attention to the woman, I scowled and spat in disgust. "Its true that they started the issue of ruining this world with their overpopulation and the global issues but your kin along with all the other immortals sat back and watched until you were forced to come out of your seats."

She seemed shocked but paled at the truth that slapped her ears and backed off, looking down at her feet in shame. My eyes scanned each and every one of the wolves, who had now all shifted back. "All of you could've done something to prevent this." I spat with a wave at the destroyed forest, the black trees as they twisted up towards the sky as if pleading for help.

I could sense that they all felt guilty but none of them was going to admit that they were in the wrong. The sun was slowly creeping up the sky, feeding me with warmth and energy as the rays caressed my face softly as a lover's touch.

"Now, I want to know when and why it was decided that humans should become the hottest thing to kill in this planet. Aiming for the weak, are we?" I asked sarcastically, seeing several of the weres shift on their feet as all of them stayed silent.

Thumping of more paws resounded through the forest, though they seemed heavier and faster at the same time. Several of the weres tilted their heads hopefully, some of them were even grinning broadly when two Lycanthropes stepped out of the woods. They stopped grinning though when the black one stepped back as soon as he laid eyes on me and growled in his mangled language before shifting.

"What has one of the Old Ones to do with our world?" The African male asked as soon as his fur dropped in shreds to the forest floor, giving me a shocked look. I snorted and leaned against one of the trees, rolling my eyes.

"Please, Ye'iitsoh is the only one of the family called like that. As to why I am here; I'm setting things straight again. My younger brother has neglected his worlds that he should've guarded and our mother has sent me out to fix this mess."