Chapter 6

---Bidziil's POV---

Thorn was very interesting company to be with but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel the anger starting to bubble up inside me. The reason for that was very simple; Thorn and the two kids had started to explore my house and a bit of the garden, letting their curiosity over take them.

But every time they stared at something so simple as electricity or music, especially the way the young Lyra dashed back towards Thorn at the slightest of sounds made me fume. I was walking around, silently following them and allowing them some space, though I couldn't help myself but stay close with the source of my interest.

Alduin was flying around, his wings pushing the air away with such force that we sometimes heard the feint thumping of the air as he passed over while keeping an eye on our new housemates.

When Thorn shot me a confused look, I simply shrugged and waved a hand at the dragon whilst saying, "I'm guessing he's giving you guys a moment to explore the house and its surroundings. He's very curious but he probably knows more than I do and has taken because of the children."

Lyra peeked up over the table at that before jumping up, leaning her weight on her forearms so she could look at us. "Do you mean he's scared of us?" she asked with wide eyes, which only widened when we heard a distant rumble in the air as Alduin laughed.

I chuckled with him and shook my head whilst looking at the blonde child. "In a way, yes. He's afraid that you guys will run at the sight of him, since he only wants to be friends." The child gaped at me before looking outside at the sky as she crept closer to the open wall.

"That's silly...why would he be afraid of us?" she chirped before stepping slightly outside, scanning the air for the dragon before she grinned, "Rawr! Fear me, oh mighty dragon!" she crowed loudly whilst spinning a circle before she let out a startled yelp when Alduin zipped down from the sky, the membrane of his wings creating a harsh sound as it strained against the wind.

Alduin folded his wings and let out a low, rumbling chuckle, cocking his head slightly at the child. When she moved, he acted as if he was frightened of her, creating a wide, toothy grin on Lyra's face as she slowly and comically crept closer towards the dragon, as he edged away.

I managed to suppress a snort, knowing exactly why Alduin was acting this way. He was one of my oldest friends and sadly, I was his only friend. When most people met an enormous, black and blue dragon, they turned tails and ran, leaving Alduin alone for most of his existence.

My eyes flickered to the side to watch Thorn as he unconsciously leaned forwards, the sharp blue irises flashing in their dark pools. My temper once again flared up and I inhaled sharply to snuff the anger as it bubbled up in my throat.

It would take months, maybe even years before Thorn and the children I had saved would be able to react normal to a situation. They were still stuck in the behavior that helped them survive on earth and every time I witnessed it, I was growing more and more furious with the supernatural society in the mortal world.

A low, keening rumble made me look up to see Lyra hesitating between getting closer to Alduin to satisfy her curiosity, and running back towards Thorn, who was still incredibly tense with the whole situation.

Suddenly a thought came to mind and I smirked, realizing just how I could help this situation ahead; Alduin wasn't doing anything because Thorn was tensed up, and Thorn couldn't relax because he didn't know what Alduin was going to do.

Without a sound, I made my way till I was just behind the man that was the focus point of most of my attention, my eyes zipping down to his bare shoulders before a satisfied smirk slowly grew on my face.