Chapter 49

🔝It just fits perfectly with the chapter😍

Y/N's POV

"How do you not wear makeup every day and still manage to perfectly wing your eyeliner?" Lisa gawked, simply causing me to laugh as I leaned closer to the mirror to do my other eye. Rosé was singing loudly in the restroom while straightening her hair, making Lisa cringe as she put on her matte red lipstick. As you may have guessed, we were in the process of getting ready for Prom and as always, we decided to do it together. " Rosé I swear to fucking God. If you don't shut that trap of yours I am going to shove this lipstick tube down your fucking throat." Lisa snapped when Rosé tried to hit the high note in the song. "Ooh, touchy." Rosé teased peeking out of the restroom and then going back to doing her hair. Finishing up my eyeliner, I got up to get my dress from the closet along with my heels. Once everything was laid out on my bed, I sat back down at my vanity to do my hair. Going with that simple yet classy look, I kept my hair wavy to put it in a perfect messy type bun with a few strands of hair framing my face. After spraying a ton of hairspray, it was time for all of us to get dressed.

"We look hot," Lisa stated with a smirk as we all stood in the mirror. We each had our individual style shining through our very sparkly dresses. "I'll second that statement," Rosé smiled, grabbing her phone from the desk along with her gold clutch. Lisa did the same, handing me mine so we could all go downstairs. At the bottom of the stairs were all three of our moms, holding cameras and phones which all started clicking and flashing as we made our way down, one by one. After all of us were downstairs, they began to take pictures of all three of us. It was the same process when the guys got to the house too. We basically had to run out the door once they got distracted and stopped taking pictures. "I am so lucky my mom decided not to come. It would have gotten a whole lot more complicated. I think we're late already too." Jimin mumbled, opening the door of his car for me. I shook my head with a grin, looking down at the simple rose corsage that he got me. "Not late. Fashionably late. There's a difference babe." I laughed, holding his hand once he got in the car and turned it on. "Whatever you say, Princess." He chuckled, pulling out of the driveway and interlacing his fingers with mine.

Pulling up to the school was hectic. That's pretty much the only word to describe it. We took a while to park and then complained as we waited for the rest of the group. Point is, we all walked in together, giving everyone a small reason to give us a long glance before returning to their business. The gym was nicely lit up, twinkle lights hanging almost everywhere giving it a dreamy feel. The stage was set up, gold and silver adorning it, making it the main attraction. Tables were set up around the room, but most people were dancing or standing in line for the pictures. Jimin hugged me from behind as we walked towards the picture line, that being my one and only demand. "You're very intimidating for someone who is so short in heels Princess." he chuckled in my ear, the warmth from his breath sending chills down my spine. "What can I say? I have a way with words." I smiled, kissing his cheek and swatting his hands away since we were next in line. We took two pictures. One doing the normal cliche prom pose and another one where we were kissing, my arms around his neck and his hands resting on my hips. Once the photographer gave us the thumbs up, we walked towards the dance floor hand in hand. That's when we spotted Jungkook with Jennie and Irene with some guy. The guys smirked, and I felt Jimin immediately tense beside me. Jennie and Irene, both in black dresses, sauntered over to me, the Devil dancing in their eyes.

 Jennie and Irene, both in black dresses, sauntered over to me, the Devil dancing in their eyes

"Look what we have here

"Look what we have here. You look beautiful Y/N, no doubt in that. Am I right Jennie?" Irene chuckled with a sickly sweet smile. I began to feel an uneasiness in my stomach the longer all four of them smiled, like they knew something I didn't. I looked over at Jimin who had both anger and pleading in his eyes. "Such a sweet face. Such a cute couple. Too bad it's all based off a little bet. Such a shame." Irene sweetly commented, shrugging and walking back towards her date but Jennie stayed in front of me. Junkooks tepped forwards, pulling her back a little before continuing the barbs. "Aww, poor little prude. I can tell from the look on your face that Jimin didn't mention that. It's ok, love. I know it sucks to find out that pretty boy here is just as much of a douche as I am but, well he's just proving a point." He smirked, chuckling when I pulled my hand out of Jimin's. "Is this true?" I whispered angry tears in my eyes as I didn't look at him. "Princess, listen to me. Please just hear me out. I know it sounds really bad but, just listen to me." he pleaded, trying to grab my hand but I backed up.

"Who else knows?" I spat, looking at the floor and wiping away a tear. "Listen to me-" he began but I cut him off by looking up angrily. "I said who else fucking knows Jimin?" I growled out, ignoring the stares from the people around us. He looked down as if deciding if he should tell me before responding. "Hanbin, Lisa, and Rosé. I told them last week." He mumbled, taking a step forward and grabbing my hand. He didn't have a chance to say anything before I backhanded him, angry tears streaming down my face. "Fuck you, Park Jimin." I seethed, walking away towards the table where everyone was sitting and my clutch was. When I got there, I didn't look at them or say anything, I just grabbed my clutch and made my way out of the building. Almost immediately I heard the sound of two pairs of heels behind me, only making me snap. I turned around and jabbed my finger their way, causing them to back up in surprise. "You two knew. You two knew and you didn't fucking tell me!.." I shouted, chuckling morbidly afterward. "You knew for a whole fucking week and didn't once think that maybe it was best if I knew what the hell was going on." I snarled out, making them flinch and look down. "Y/N, calm down. We-" Lisa didn't have a chance to finish because I started laughing. "You're right Lalisa. Let me breathe and sit down while you two explain why you didn't have the fucking nerve to tell me that I was being played. Let me shut the hell up for a minute and have you guys lie to me again, especially you Rosé. You told me you didn't know anything. You lied right to my face and you want me to calm down?" I screamed, ripping off my corsage and throwing it on the floor. That's when Jimin slammed the front doors of the school open and walked out to stand in front of all three of us, Hanbin following close behind him.

"You know what the craziest part is? I was starting to feel safe. I had found a soft place to land with someone that seemed to have regretted past mistakes. I saw you walk into my life, carrying so much hate and then little by little you started to make me feel whole. I genuinely was fucking happy. I adored your attention and the way you looked at me and I basked in the fact that you had chosen to do that to me. Now I know that it was all a game. It was a fucking game to you and your petty friends. Then you tell them and they protect you. They don't tell me anything and look where we're at now Jimin. Look at the fucking mess we're standing in. I'm done. I've gone through much to deal with this shit. That's what I'm saying here. I don't want to work it out or try anymore. I don't want to see you or them. This bullshit is genuinely overrated. Don't look for me. Any of you. I don't want to hear from any of you." I shouted, pointing at all of them and turning around. I heard my name being called, I even heard Jimin run after me till Hanbin called him back saying something about time and space.I walk as fast as I can and I get out of the school.