Chapter 36

🔝A Baby is holding a pillow😍

Y/n's POV

At this point, my eye was twitching from Jimin's loud singing. He was driving and singing along to Bigbang so loudly that I don't think I could hear the radio anymore. I was scrolling through aimless posts on Instagram and basically trying to zone him out. When we finally pulled up to the office I screamed internally in relief and immediately unbuckled myself even though we were still moving.

"Umm ok? Anyways, where do I park?" Jimin asked, frowning and looking at the crowded street. I looked as to what part of the building we were driving by and starting pointing like a mad woman at the entrance to the employee parking lot. He just smiled and pulled into the parking lot, killing the engine one he was able to get a suitable spot under a tree's shade. "So what exactly is it that you need to do? Like isn't your mom the one who runs this place?" He questioned, looking at the folder in my hand as I scrolled through a thousand text messages between my mom and me so I could find the password into her computer. All the budget information and gala options were in a folder so I needed to find the password to unlock the desktop. As we walked in, Yongae, my mom's secretary, looked up from her laptop and lowered her mouthpiece with a wide smile.

"Oh my, lord, isn't it Y/n? How have you been sweetheart? How's your mom's trip going?" she excitedly asked. Youngae was a bubbly woman in her early thirties with honey blonde hair. My mom hired her when Youngae was part of the program and was living in the housing quarters. She has a daughter who's about 11, Rumi, and recently had an adorable baby boy, Chinmae, with her fiancé, Tuyhun. "Hi, Yongae. Yeah, mom wanted me to stop by to help with the gala and to take a look at the numbers considering we are opening a new location. My mom comes back in two weeks so she'll go back to being in charge but for now, I'm here to help. How's Chinmae?" I asked, taking a lollipop from the little glass mason jar on her desk. She smiled and pulled out her phone, I'm guessing to look for a picture. Yongae handed me the phone and there was a picture of Rumi holding a chubby little Chinmae who was too entertained pulling on her hair to look at his mom. I smiled and handed the phone back to her.

"He's the cutest. Oh, lord, on Friday the mom's from the living quarters are going to go out and we're babysitting so maybe you and Tuhyun can drop off Rumi and Chinmae off at the entertainment house so you guys can have a date night. My mom told me the wedding is in September so I think you guys deserve it." I smiled, looking up at Jimin who was grinning down at me. "Alright, sweetie. Thanks. We need a break from crying. That boy has lungs. On another note, who's this cutie you brought with you today?" She winked at me, motioning towards Jimin chuckled deeply and took my hand. I blushed and shook my head, looking down.

"This is Jimin and he's living with me right now since my mom and Jiyoung are in New York. I gotta get to the office but I can count on you and Tuyhun to drop off the kids on Friday right?" I said cheerfully, pulling Jmin down the hallway and through the bright red door that led into my mom's office. He chuckled and sat down on the black leather bean bag, letting me get to the mahogany desk without any further embarrassment. On my mom's desk, there were a million papers involving the gala, who would be attending, new mothers in the apartments, mothers who were ready to 'graduate' as we call it and of course, applications for jobs and internships.

"I'm going to die." I groaned, leaning backward on the chair and placing the folder on the desk. While I was rifling through papers, I looked up through my glasses and saw Jimin just staring at me. My eyebrows furrowed and I sat up straight, wiping my face for anything that might be on it. "How do you and your mom do this? The whole taking charge and putting others before yourself thing? When my dad died I stopped caring about everyone. It was me before everyone. How do you care for others well being before your own?" I looked up from the spreadsheet of guests that I was looking through, one eyebrow raised. Jimin was looking at me intensely, holding a pillow to his chest.

"I don't know. I mean if you think about it, sometimes people need a little more than we do. At some point, you realize that it's what people do for other people so they don't have to go through what you went through. Sometimes, it sucks taking care of so many people but, then you think and well I pray and I know that this is who I want to be. I want to be able to help people who hurt, both inside and out because that's just who I am." I said softly, leaning my chin on my palms, resting my elbows on the hardwood desk. Jimin smiled genuinely and walked over, behind the desk and took my hand, standing me up. "What are you-" I couldn't even get my sentence out before his lips were on mine. My eyes fluttered closed and my hands held onto his biceps. His arms wrapped around my waist and we were so caught up in the moment that we didn't hear the door open up and shut.

"Jimin is that you?" a silky feminine voice said, catching us by surprise and making us pull away. Jimin looked at the gorgeous brunette with eyes of confusion and almost awe. "Nancy?" Jimin muttered quietly, letting go of me and turning to face her completely.