Chapter 40

🔝Soooooo cute😘

Y/n's POV

"So what exactly are we doing with these kids for the next three hours?" Hanbin whined from the backseat, saying 'kids' as if it was a dirty word. For the second time in the fifteen minute car ride to the living quarters, Lisa smacked him in the back of the head, laughing when he flinched. Rosé rolled her eyes at him from the passenger seat and I just laughed, tapping my finger on the steering wheel to the beat of the song on the radio. Let's just say that the only two people in the car excited about being dragged into taking care of kids on a Friday night were Lisa and I. Hanbin rather be playing Xbox as he stated multiple times when we walked out of school and once when we got in the car (earning the first assault from Lisa). Rosé, on the other hand, was just not a big fan of kids. Her sister had a baby last year and she refused and still refuses to carry the poor baby.

"Well, the moms are going out for drinks and dinner to celebrate that two moms are now going to leave the program to live on their own. Plus they needed the whole Mom's Night out thing. We just have to entertain them for two hours, we have an hour to put them all in bed and after all 25 kids are in bed, we can just relax." I explain as if it was no big deal. That's when all the questions and whining started coming from all directions. I literally understood nothing of what anyone said. I heard something about running a daycare and me not disclosing that important bit of information. Which is pretty true considering, I just said we'd be babysitting a group of kids. I never got around to saying how big the group was but would you have stayed to babysit a group of kids for three hours on a Friday night if you knew there was 25 of them? No. Exactly.

"Come on guys. It's a really big favor for not just me but, my mom ok? In return, my mom said you guys can all go to the Gala but, just do this one thing. I already had my ass handed to me by mom the other day because I hadn't gone to the office. This one thing ok? And plus I'm assuming Jimin flaked out because of what happened and I can't afford to lose anyone else." I said exasperated, parking in front of the living quarters and laying my forehead on the center of the steering wheel, only making the horn go off. I sighed and looked up only to see them all holding in their laughter at my reaction. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car, waving from the outside for the to hurry up. Groaning and whining, they got out of the car and followed me over to the large white door. I took out my spare key and walked in, looking around the large living room and the long hallway leading into the first set of bedrooms.

"Rena? Misun?" I called out, hoping to catch someone's attention. No one called back or walked down the stairs, so I thought no one had heard me Apparently, someone did. It was Rena's little three-year-old daughter, Yuna. Her bright green eyes sparkled with curiosity and sweetness, immediately making my heart soften. She giggled and padded over to me, holding onto her white teddy bear like it was her only friend. I smiled at her sweetly and picked her up, kissing and blowing raspberries on her cheeks, making her squeal and squirm. I'm assuming someone heard the little girl's laugh for I heard Rena call out for her as she walked down the stairs in a black dress, half her hair pinned up and with only one heel on. Once she saw me, her eyes lit up and she smiled.

,,She was watching everyone get ready in Aaren's room and when it got too quiet, we got worried. Little did we know our amazing babysitters were here to give us one night of sanity. I don't know how Misun does it with the twins. This little woman is too much for me sometimes." She laughed, raising an eyebrow at Yuna only making her giggle and hide in my shoulder. Rena then looked over my shoulder, waving politely at the grinning trio still standing in front of the door. "I'm so rude. Sorry. Who might you guys be? Friends of Y/n?" She asked, taking off her one heel in the process. They all silently nodded and looked around the place, wincing when we all heard a crash and then Misun screaming at the twins. She walked down, pinching the bridge of her nose and holding Rena's others shoe. I could tell they needed this from the look of relief on their faces when the rest of the moms made their way downstairs, dressed in various styles of dresses and party wear, ready to leave.

"Alright, well good luck kids. Youngae called and said she's on her way with the kids by the way. They haven't had dinner so just order pizza. None of them is lactose intolerant so we're good. Umm, besides that, baby Minsuh and baby Jihoo are in their cribs. None of them can have candy or snack at all anymore so don't let the older ones tell you any different and just try to have everyone in bed by 9:30. After they're asleep all you have to do is wait till we get home." Misun said the screaming for all the kids to get downstairs. I'm pretty certain that everyone flinched, even the other moms. All the moms rushed out the door once they heard all the kids coming downstairs.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Rosé gasped, staring at the kids of various ages standing in front of us in a bunch. The front of the bunch consisted of Misun's twins who kept jabbing each other in the ribs, a boy that was around ten carrying a small little black hair girl, a boy 13-year-old boy on his phone, a little five-year-old with longer eyelashes than a girl and the triplets. The rest were too restless for me to get a good look at them. I didn't even have to look at Rosé, Hanbin or Lisa to know that their eyes were popping out of their heads.

"Ok guys, please settle down," I said to the group, only making them louder as questions started being shouted out. I groaned and put Yuna down, only making her lip tremble and start wailing as loudly as she possibly could. Now I had kids, shouting, some getting upset just like Yuna and others just standing there and watching the chaos. That was when the doorbell, making everyone freeze. I gave everyone a look that read 'it better stay like this when I open that door' and it did. It kept them in line. The only thing I couldn't keep in line was my composure. In front of me was Jimin, holding baby Chinmae and standing next to a smiling Rumi. He gave me an awkward smile and waved at everyone the best he could with his free hand.

"What are you doing here?" was the only thing that came out of my mouth. He didn't even get to answer before Hanbin tapped me on the shoulder with a sheepish smile. I smack my forehead and shook my head. Of course, he'd text him. "I'm here to help. Hanbin texted me something about a stampede of rabid children wanting to kill you guys. Also, I ran into Youngae and Tuyhun in the driveway and told them I'd take the kids in. If you don't want me to stay I get it. It just sounded like you needed some help." He mumbled, not meeting my eyes. I looked at his face until he looked up and met my eyes. We stayed that way for a while until Chinmae cooed and put his chubby hands on Jimin's face, giggling.

"I mean, um come in?" I said, it coming out more like a question as I moved away from his path and waved him and Rumi in. Once I closed the door, everyone just stared at me and Jimin.

Well didn't this night just go to hell in a matter of three minutes?