Chapter 29

🔝😏

Y/n's POV

So, at the moment, I was in my room contemplating my life and thinking about the conflicting feelings that are sure to send me to hell, to be honest. After the kiss, I kinda sorta maybe stranded Jimin and the others at the skating rink which happened to be on the other side of town. Oops? I really didn't mean to, but in my defense, I wasn't thinking very straight because of him and everything he was making me feel. Let's just say that when he got home from his carpool with Lisa and Hanbin 3 hours later, he wasn't too happy which kinda also had me not wanting to walk down the stairs. Sadly, my stomach wasn't quite cooperating with my common sense and soon I had to be in school. To put it lightly, I was a stressed, starving mess.

Trying to be like the ninjas you see in the movies, I tried to sneak down the stairs which proved to be a bad idea when at the bottom at the stairs I slipped on the rug and face planted into the floor. I cringed as I heard footsteps coming my way and tried to tuck and roll in an armadillo position but ended just smacking my nose harder into the floor. Groaning and rubbing my sore nose, I decided to shift my gaze up to the person standing above me which was a very amused Jimin. I rolled my eyes and stood up, still massaging my poor nose as I made my way to the kitchen.

"So you're just going to ignore me from now on? Just like that. Y/n you can't deny the fact that you felt something when I kissed you. You'll have to look me straight in the eye and state that for me to believe you because as of now I only know one thing for sure. You felt something. Just as I did. And the best part of it all Baby Girl is that you loved it." he said with the most intense look possible. My back was turned to him and the tension could be cut with a butter knife. The fear of meeting his eyes and not being able to deny that I, in fact, enjoyed the kiss, dawned me and I decided to keep walking until the next thing that came out of his mouth, stopped me in my determined tracks. "I'll win your heart Y/n. And if I do, you will give me the time of day as more than just your housemate. Does that sound fair?" he said, moving closer to me. Slowly, I turned around and finally looked him in the eye. "I'd like to see you try. I can't deny it. The whole with the kiss, it wasn't something I regret. Doesn't mean I'll give in. I don't need to give in." I simply stated and then turned on my heel and walked towards the kitchen once again. Once again, he has me caught in a web of feelings and as a result of this, we are in some kind of competition with each other. The bad thing is that I'm not sure if I'm gonna win.

Breakfast was rather quiet and after we put our dishes in the dishwasher, we both ran up the stairs to get ready for school. Since I had showered the night before, hoping to get things off my mind, I just pinned the side of my hair down and brushed my curls. Walking into my closet, I put on a long-sleeved, white and black striped shirt with a black velvet high waisted skater skirt. Not feeling satisfied, I added a gray vest and a gold necklace. For my shoes, I put on black over the knee socks and my high-heeled black booties.

"Why does it take so long for you to get ready?" he chuckled once I walked down the stairs, rifling through my purse and making sure everything was there. I just rolled my eyes and grabbed my keys out of his hand and walked towards the door. "Nope. I always drive." He smiled, swiping them out of my hands once again and locking the front door behind me. He put his hand on the small of his back and walked me towards the passenger side door. Thus, the drive and the rest of the day began, only making me anxious.

"Let me get this straight. Jimin, the guy who for years couldn't get you to surrender, wants you to surrender. Only, this time, it's your heart he wants you to give him?" Rosé said in a confused tone trying to put two and two together. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she looked like she was about to explode from both excitement and curiosity. It was quite funny if you asked me. "Basically. I didn't really think of it into depth until now but, yeah. That pretty much sums it up." I said, tapping my pen and looking up at the board where the teacher was shooting daggers at Rosé and I. We smiled sheepishly and shrugged, turning back around until the period ended. The bell rung and we gathered our books, walking towards the classroom door.

 "Well don't you have some bait in front of you. The only question now is, are you gonna take it?" She asked, tilting her head slightly, wisps of her dirty blonde hair falling out of her messy bun. I shrugged and sighed, my mind taking of another stop my train of thought needed to make. "Even if I wanted to, I don't think he can handle the baggage that comes with me. Like, come on Rosé. Who wants to be with a girl who constantly has panic attacks and basically dies at the thought of her dad?" I mumbled, running a hand through my curls and shaking my head. She then took my hand and gave me a small sad smile. "Come on Y/n. You're amazing. Even broken crayons still color babe." She said softly, kissing my cheek and walking the opposite direction towards her class.