Ride

'You know I'm probably in traffic, I'm boolin
Just hit me when you wanna ride
She text me I know how you riding
Be careful, just hit me when you go inside'

2 Months Later
Bronx, New York
Belcalis Almanzar

Nic💦🤤❤- Stop being a rugrat and come home to me 😩

I laugh reading the message, somehow she always knew when I was in the streets. She always called or texted me in between her studying to check on a bitch though, these past two months been different but in the best way.

It was nice to be able to come home to somebody, and to have somebody to hold you and vice versa.

To: Nic💦🤤❤- You still studying?

Nic💦🤤❤- For the rest of the night

To: Nic💦🤤❤- That's all you do lol get dressed so we can do something

Nic💦🤤❤- I can't afford to go on one of your wild adventures right now belcalis 🙄

To: Nic💦🤤❤- I'll be outside in 15 and you know if I come in you definitely not gone be studying 😏

Nic💦🤤❤- You so irritating 😭 I'll be out in 10

I smirk leaving her on read locking my phone and stuffing it in my back pocket.

Rio walks back in the living room with a duffel bag and I stand up taking it from him holding it on my shoulder.

Jario was King's righthand man, they was basically brothers. Me and Rio were first cousins but he was always overprotective of me because he looked at me like his little sister.

7 years ago I told him I needed a way to make some money and he plugged me up with king, I started off as just a money collector for corner boys and eventually built myself up to where I am now.

"That nigga tommy haven't been giving you no problems have he?" He asks and I shake my head.

Now that I think of it, that nigga haven't been blowing my phone up or nothing in a while.

"Nah, now that you mentioning it I'm realizing that he haven't even tried to text me or nothing in months" I tell him and he smirks nodding.

"I told you I was gone handle it, and don't worry I didn't kill him like you asked" He chuckles and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I couldn't have his stupid ass blood on my hands.

"Thank you, he a stupid nigga but his moms is so sweet. I couldn't be responsible for bringing her that pain" I explain and he nods in understanding.

"I hear you but if that nigga even think of putting his hands on you again, she can wear his shirt" He smiles and I playfully roll my eyes hugging him sideways.

"I gotta go, try not to raise too much hell" I tell him and he laughs.

"Yo you know my birthday coming up in a month, you better come to my party too" He tells me and I look at him sideways.

"Nigga have I missed a birthday yet? Of course I'm coming" I tell him rolling my eyes.

"I know you is, you bringing that little jawn you been creeping with?" He smirks and I try not to look shocked.

"I thought we agreed that you would stop having people watch me" I sigh, he was too overprotective sometimes.

"I can't be everywhere and shit can pop off anytime, I need to make sure you protected cause if you get hurt auntie will kill me. You know that" He says and I nod understanding where he was coming from, my moms was brazy.