Birthday Cake

(Recipi from: http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/chocolate/squidgy-chocolate-cake

Caspar smiles as he sets the final ingredient on the table it just became Joe's birthday two hours ago and while he was tucked away in bed sleeping after a long trip back home from his mum's Caspar decided now was the best time to bake it. At two thirty in the morning on September eighth because why not? Looking at the recipe he found from Dan from Delia online he looks up the Squidgy Chocolate Cake. Taking his broken up chocolate and water he melts it over the boiler he made from a pan of water and bowl. Once melted he mixes it up then adds two of his egg yokes mixing them then adding them to the mixture. Working slowly yet at a fast enough pace so it will come out just right.

Setting that mix in the fridge he begins on making the cake softly humming to himself as he mixes the rest of the egg yolks and caster sugar. Once he has everything combined he pours it in one of their lubricated thanks Joe cake pans. Setting a timer he sits on the counter waiting for it to be finished. When the timer dings he takes out the cake carefully his eyes widening when it begins to sink.

"No what on earth?"

Looking back at the recipe he reads over before letting out a sigh the recipe says it's alright. Leaving it to cool he yawns decided to go to bed that way he can get some sleep and finish it in the morning. When his alarm goes off later that morning he makes his way in the kitchen having a cup of coffee so he can finish the cake. Turning it over he carefully slips it out and cuts it in half. Starting on the filling Caspar smiles to himself sampling a little bit humming at the taste he spreads half of the chocolate mix on his first layer along with the cream he made. Sprinkling some chopped chocolate he adds the second layer repeating the steps but this time covering the whole cake in cream and sprinkling the rest of the chocolate. Placing the cake lid over the container he hides it in the fridge before making breakfast for himself and Joe.

"Happy Birthday to the birthday boy!"

Caspar cheers when he sees Joe sitting in the living room yawning.

"Thanks babe what were you doing in there?"

"I made us breakfast I figured we could eat this while watching tv then opening some gifts."

"Sounds great."

Joe smiles at him when Caspar hands him a plate with dippy eggs some toast and juice.

"Thank you Caspy."

"You're welcome."

He hums taking a bite of his toast they watch a random documentary when they finish eating Caspar goes to get Joe his birthday presents. A hoodie, a Gologo 13 movie set and new pair of shoes he knew Joe had his eyes on.

"There is one more thing I want to show you stay here."

Caspar says going into the kitchen he sets a two and five candles on the cake lighting them before slowly making his way into the lounge.

"Happy birthday day to you Joe I've made you a cake it's chocolate and I hope it won't give you a stomach ache."

He sings setting the cake in front of Joe who grins blowing out the candles.

"Where on earth did you buy this?"

"I did I tried my absolute best to follow this to the dot I know I don't bake often but this is something special I really wanted to do for you. Dan sent me a recipe he said we needed to try it's Delia I know it may not look as good but I sampled a little of the middle and it tastes really good."

"Well let's have some."

Joe smiles Caspar cheers going to get them each a plate and fork along with a knife for Joe to cute with. Once they each have a piece Joe puts the rest away before sitting next to Caspar again. The two eat a forkful and Joe's eyes widen causing him to turn and look at his boyfriend.

"This is actually amazing babe when did you make this?"

"This morning after two thirty."

"It's like heaven in my mouth thanks."

Joe grins going back to eating his cake Caspar shakes his laughing before continuing to eat his cake as well he did a pretty damn good job.

"Anything for you baby happy birthday."