Why Avoid Me?

Joe's P.O.V

Moving down the hall I stop at my locker placing my books on the top shelf I grab my lunch bag.

"Hi Joe."

Smiling I turn to see Caspar Lee a year eleven to my twelve.

"Hey Caspar what's up?"

"I was wondering if I could get the notes from Biology I missed yesterday."

"Sure here just give me the notebook back when you can."

"Thank you so much."

"Welcome hey Cas."

"Joe!"

Sighing I turn to see my sister Zoe she smiles wrapping an arm around my shoulder before looking at Caspar.

"Hi Caspar."

"H-Hello Zoe um thanks Joe later."

Caspar waves before hurrying off I glare at Zoe who smiles at me."

"Why do you have to do that every time Caspar talks to me."

"Because Joe I don't like him your my baby brother and I accept you for who you are just not with him."

"But I like him Zoe and maybe he likes me but I can't find that out because whenever you see us you interrupter."

"For good reason I mean it Joe stay away from him family first remember that."

She says before pulling me along to the lunch room I sigh knowing Zoe means what she says. I sit there eating avoiding talking with anyone giving the don't feel to good excuse. After lunch I walk to the nurse office to have my dad come and get me.

"Everything alright Joe?"

My dad asks as I sit next to him putting my seat belt on I nod my head.

"Just don't feel very good is all."

"Well it's a good thing I didn't have work today then."

I nod leaning my head against the window watching the houses as we drive by when we park in the garage I head up to my room with my bag. Now I need to figure out what to do about Caspar without being mean. I text my friend Mark to have him get my notebook after Caspar is finished with it when Zoe comes home I ignore her keeping my door locked.

"Joe it's for the best you know that I can't have someone like Caspar making you an outcast."

"There's nothing wrong with him so he's new to the school this year so what."

"If you hang out with him people are going to think you're weird."

"Oh sod of Zo just leave me alone."

I mumble putting my head under my pillow waiting for her to finally leave so I can try and get some sleep. For the next month I avoid Caspar at all costs whenever he comes up to me I make an excuse and quickly leave or avoid walking the hall when he does. It kills me seeing the look on his face as if he's done something wrong. As I sit at my desk waiting for the class to clear out I see a shadow fall over my desk.

"Joe please can I talk to you?"

"Now isn't a good time Caspar maybe later."

I say quickly getting up and making my way out of the room.

"No now."

Caspar says pulling me in the janitor closet he turns on the light and I cross my arms not looking at him.

"Did I do something to make you upset and not want to talk to me anymore? I thought we were maybe becoming friends then out of no where you stopped talking to me. Did I offend you in anyway?"

He asks tilting his head to look at me his eyes searching mine.

"No you didn't I've just been busy."

"Busy avoiding me what did I do please let me know so I can fix it."

"It's not anything you did."

I sigh rubbing a hand over my face groaning.

"Remember when you asked to borrow my notebook?"

"Yes?"

"My sister Zoe came over and interrupted after you left she told me to not talk to you I'm still not really sure why but she did. I know it's pathetic that I let her tell me what to do but she's my big sister and could literally make my life hell at home."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it difficult between you."

"You didn't I should have known she would be upset after I told her."

"What did you tell her?"

"That I like you."

He looks at me and I smile to myself.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah I wouldn't make it up I told her a few days before she told me to stop talking to you I know you're new to the school and everything. Hell I don't even know if you're gay but I just thought I would talk to you about it but I didn't get the chance."

I shrug he smiles at me taking my hand in his.

"I do like you Joe you're really cute and such a sweet guy I would like to maybe go on a date if you want?"

"Of course Caspar will you go on a date with me this Saturday?"

"Yes Joe I would love too."

Smiling I kiss his cheek before we sneak out of the class walking to our next classes, as I get ready Saturday Zoe comes into my room.

"Where are you going little brother?"

"On a date with Caspar Lee."

"Joe what did I tell you?"

"I know what you told me Zoe and frankly I don't care anymore go ahead make my life hell I don't care."

I say fixing my hair I walk past her downstairs and she quickly follows after me into the living room.

"Dad Joe is going on a date with a boy from school."

My dad looks up from his newspaper looking between me and my sister.

"You look nice Joe where are you guys going?"

"To a movie then some food and a walk."

"Have fun."

Zoe stares at my dad with wide eyes crossing her arms.

"You knew he was going on a date?"

"Yeah for about three days now is there a problem with that?"

"Caspar isn't good enough for Joe he's going to get bullied."

"How would you know that Zoe just because for some reason you don't like this boy doesn't mean Joe will get bullied. If he does then we will deal with that if it happens now I want you to stop being rude or you will be grounded."

"Yes father."

Zoe sits on the couch I smile thanking him before getting the keys to go pick Caspar up. When I knock on his door he answers smiling.

"Hi Joe you look handsome."

"Thank you Caspar so do you."

I smile kissing his cheek before leading him to the car to finally begin our date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that you enjoy this thank you so much for requesting :)

Dedicated to: colorful565