It was an important event and every royal was expected to show.

Deva walked out of her closet to the sound of her son's laughter. It was a small high pitched laughter that was contagious when heard.

Darius flung their son up into the air and caught him effortlessly when he came back down. Magnus sat on his belly a few feet away knowing the King was no threat to his own son.

Alcide hung on tight to his father's neck. "Daddy, can we go to the cave today?"

Alcide, like his father, had a passion for adventure and discovering history with in the ancient kingdom. Darius would occasionally take Alcide into the old caves where he once took Deva on her birthday. The walls were covered in marking of stories.

Darius' eyes darted up at the sound of Deva's return. "We'll have to see if momma is okay with it?"

Why did she always have to be the bad guy? Both her son and her husband innocently showered her with their adorable puppy eyes.

They were tag teaming.

Deva folded her arms against her chest. How could she resist their cuteness? "After you finish 2 of your lessons."

He typically had five.

"But daddy can teach me about history so can it be 1 lesson?"

Darius hid his face behind his son's back so Deva couldn't see his wolfish grin. He was such a smart boy that it almost annoyed Deva he was so outspoken. He may look exactly like his father but his witty personality was all her fault.

"Fine but you're taking the textbook with you." She negotiated terms.

"Alright." Alcide and Darius high fived.

Darius then tossed Alcide over his shoulder heading for the door. "Let's get some breakfast."

Alcide threw up his hands in his upside down position and shouted, "Onward Magnus."

The wolf heeded the command and followed them out. Breakfast was Alcide's favorite meal.

They went out to the patio were food was already prepared on the table. As they got closer a figure appeared from the garden. A beautiful pale faced girl with long curly blonde hair approached them. Alcide jumped out of his father's arms and ran towards the teenage girl with a random burst of energy.

"Rory!" He shouted before she picked him up.

Deva expected Rory to come, along with her brother Luke; they were cousins of the royal family after all. Yet the ball didn't start till late that night.

"Rory it's always good to see you," Deva said. She still couldn't get over how much older the girl had gotten. It felt like yesterday she was actually Alcide's size.

The blonde looked up and flashed her king and queen a loving smile. "I couldn't wait to see you guys. I wanted to spend some extra time with my favorite little guy in the world."

Aurora was tickling Alcide like crazy but he mustered up enough energy to reply. "That's me."

Aurora laughed. "Yup."

Alcide finally dropped to the floor and sprinted for the garden. "Come on Rory. Let's play tag."

He was out of their sight in a matter of seconds with Magnus on his heels. Aurora graciously bowed before moving in the direction Alcide went.

"Duty calls."

The girl was gone in a flash. Darius pulled out a chair from the table for his wife. They sat silently eating their breakfast, a normal routine they went through every morning. Although on this morning they wondered how much alone time they would get before the rest of the family joined them.