Chapter 52

*************Happy Mothers Day*************

Planning their wedding was a lot simpler than Deva expected. She had an entire army of subjects at her beck and call to help with the arrangement and Izzy as her wedding planner. There was nothing Izzy couldn't do. She had every small detail covered and double checked. The wedding had been in the works since the potentials were brought to the castle. Deva only needed to approve. It was going to be the event of the year.

It was happening so fast. Yet Deva wouldn't have it any other way. She wanted to be married as soon as possible. She was dreaming of the moment when she would finally be able to call Darius her husband. She also wished having Darius as her King would take the pressure and stress of the kingdom off her shoulders.

Deva was handed a glass of white wine before being forced to squeeze into her tight wedding dress. She had described her ideal wedding gown to the hand full of dressmakers only two days ago and already she was due for her first fitting. The material was not as restraining as she predicted. It was breathable and wonderfully light.

Once the last ribbon was tied and tucked away Izzy, Julia, and Elle remained mute, gawking at her. Their nonresponses were only adding to her anxiety. The suspense was too overbearing. Deva sought the mirror to clear the knots giving her cold feet.

The gorgeous white lace covered her top to bottom. The bodice was hugging her curvy hips but elegantly flared out to a full skirt. Deva ran her hand down the perfect gown.

"It's gorgeous." Suddenly the moment turned to reality.

"Deva!" Marcus glided towards her like a moth to a light. He was entranced with his mouth wide open. "You're a vision."

Deva ducked her head, blushing. For the first time since her arrival she was embarrassed because before becoming a lycan she thought her life had a time limit. She lived like there was no tomorrow. But now, all she had was time.

Marcus chuckled at her bashfulness.

"A good one I hope."

He kissed her cheek. "It's going to be hard for my brother to keep his wits about him. He's going to want to rush the ceremony so he can take you to bed."

"Honestly I wouldn't mind." Having the entire kingdom watch her wedding wasn't the highlight of her life.

"I'll keep it as short as I can." Izzy compromised, understanding where the hatred for attention was coming from.

"I can't believe the day is almost here." Just a few more hours and she would become Mrs. Ironside.

Julia and Elle rose to give her a comforting hug.

"You look perfect. Enjoy every minute. We're here for you."

Deva considered herself so blessed to have both her sister and best friend with her at a moment like this.

"At least you'll have one more night of freedom before the big 'I do'."

She didn't need one more night of freedom but Izzy and even Darius insisted.

"What exactly are we going to be doing?"

Izzy's eyes started to glow. "Dancing, drinking, and so much more."

"What is Darius doing tonight?" She turned to Marcus for hints.

He shrugged. "The same."

"If he dances with any women you have permission to cut off his hands." Deva hated the thought of other women touching her future husband.