Chapter 4

Deva propped herself on Julia's bed and watched as her best friend threw on an outfit for her date with Marcus. She was calm and not nervous as Deva expected.

"So how does it feel to rebound with a prince? But to his advantage Keith was scum to begin with."

"You caught that first. What's your radar saying about these princes?" Julia flicked her long hair around to add volume. "I'm kind of going with the flow. I don't want to get sucked into this fantasy. I've already gotten my heartbroken by a guy I thought was my prince."

"I think you're on the right track. These princes are hot but you got to remember they only want one of us. Don't get your hopes up. We're most likely going home or I'm going to wake myself up from this nightmare."

"You're going like that?" Julia caught a glimpse of Deva's appearance through the reflection in the mirror.

Deva had no motivation to impress the princes. She wore grey baggy sweat pants, a long sleeve shirt, and topped off her grungy look with a messy bun.

"Yup. Honestly I'm hoping he won't find me in here."

"You nervous? Does he scare you?" Julia had never seen Deva get worked up by any guy.

"No. He just...I don't know. I get a bad vibe. Marcus is the sweet, friendly one. Lucian is the tough, cautious one, and Darius is a flirt. You know I can't stand the cocky guys."

Julia couldn't argue with her observations. "Yeah but I also know you love putting cocky guys in their place. I'm surprised you're not jumping at the opportunity."

"I'm getting home sick. I bet our families are freaking out by now."

"If this is a dream like you think it is then they are fine. Don't feel guilty to play along." Julia winked.

Was that confirmation? Did Julia know something she didn't?

There was a knock on the door and she panicked but Marcus was the one to enter.

"Can I just join you guys? I really don't want to hang out with your brother."

Marcus seemed pleased with the idea. "Trust me I'd love to but Darius would kill me for breaking the rules."

"What are my chances of him believing I'm sick?"

"It would only be postponed. Eventually he'll have to get his time with you." Marcus couldn't understand how any women would want to reject a date with his brother.

Darius was the brother with the most game. Women were attached to them right off the bat, add the crown, plus a little flirtation and women were puddy in their hands.

"He's so...privileged." She exhaled.

Julia threw a dress at her. "Put that on and show that arrogant prince just how privileged he is to be on a date with you. I know by the end of it you'll make him feel like a simple peasant."

"I do have a gift, don't I?" Deva felt a surge of motivation and purpose.

"You're a Maneater. No one gets close." Deva was a destroyer of egos.

"This is going to be interesting." Marcus was on board to hand Darius a dose of his own medicine. "We'll see who cracks first."

"I'm betting Deva crushes your brother."

Marcus shook her hand to seal the deal. "You're on."

Deva wore the black one shoulder, floor length dress Julia lent her. It was killer with a long slit reaching the middle of her thigh. It was bound to turn heads and leave a lasting impression on Darius.
She found him leaning against her bedpost talking to Lacey. She was 20 minutes late and he didn't seem happy to wait on her.