31

Two weeks went by, and the pair had been together every night. Kissing, cuddling, talking and even dancing around the room to some music Ashton has brought.

He found it lovely to watch- the dancing, he wouldn't sit and watch them make out of course.

The two were getting quite close quite quickly, giggling away and grinning whenever one spoke about the other.

Freya tried not to, but sometimes she couldn't help but rave about how funny he was, or how great his hugs were, or how he made her feel beautiful again.

She didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing, but he made the real world seem a little more bearable. There was a reason to get up- although he promised many breakfasts in bed- and she had someone to be with.

She'd never felt this stable, and Ashton was glad she was happy. This is what she needed. She may not have her sister, or her dad by her side, but she had Luke.

They'd been allowed to meet everyday, because they were still teenagers. And to be honest, both had missed their younger years.

Ashton usually had to stay because there wasn't a nurse, but he busied himself in the corner and let the two be.

They weren't saying much, but enjoyed the company.

However, both moods were a little dampened as Calum came through with his sister Mali.

"It's time for me to go, I'll see you soon," he told Luke, hugging him tightly. His biggest fear was that Luke was suddenly snap back without him, but he knew Freya was there to help.

He looked up to Luke because he'd watched the struggle, and he'd overcome it in such an incredible way. He adored Freya for making his best friend happy, and for eventually letting Ashton help.

For letting them all help.

Luke wasn't as sad as he thought, because he knew the next time he saw Calum was outside.

Out in town, round his house, on the streets. No more corridors and nurses and rooms.

"Have fun, I'll see you before uni,"

"How are you even getting into uni?" Calum asked Freya, hugging her tightly.

"It's my birthday next week," she laughed,

"Look after yourself, okay?" she told Calum, "Thankyou, so much,"

The pair watched Calum as he left, hand in hand with Mali and carrying his bags. Naomi met him by the exit and smiled, hugging him.

"I'll see you next week, but this is a big step Calum. You've done me proud, and yourself proud. Go and celebrate,"

"Thankyou," he smiled, walking out the exit.

And he didn't feel free, because he never felt trapped, but he felt lighter.

Luke left for his own room where Michael was meeting him, while Ashton joined Freya. He wasn't sure how she'd be feeling.

"Hey, by the end of this week you won't be visiting me anymore,"

"Exciting ay?"

"Am I definitely ready?"

"Yes. Stop questioning your recovery," he stressed, playfully shaking her shoulder, "Are you and Luke ok?"

"Amazing,"

"Good, I knew it was the right thing to put you together,"

She grinned and nodded, looking down.

"I think... I really love him, and he really cares about me,"

However, two days later and he was leaving too. Now, Liz and Luke stood in Freya's room.

"I can't wait to have you staying with us too, Luke's dad painted one of your walls grey before he left for the work trip, and we bought a couple of decorations. Thankyou for giving Luke a chance,"

"Thankyou for giving me a chance, I don't know where I would've gone,"

Luke hugged her tightly, placing a soft kiss on the girl's cheek.

"You're gonna be okay," he whispered, "I'll be waiting,"

"Can we go on a date when we get back?"

"I don't see why not. I've gotta go, call me if you need to,"

Ashton stood by the girl's side as Luke went with his mum, this time meeting Michael by the exit.

"Keep it up for me, take your medicine, and go and eat some of your mum's food," he chuckled, hugging the boy. He was so proud of him, because when he first came it was a different story.

Ashton was also giving his patient a hug, quickly coming up with an idea. She needed a distraction, because her recovery started when she met Luke. Now he was gone for a couple of days, she felt alone.

So alone.

"Why don't I teach you how to plait your hair?"

"Please,"

"Sit down then,"

He showed her the steps and let her have a go, going through it a couple of times until she'd got it.

"I did it!" she exclaimed.

"Out of all the lessons here, I can't believe that's the most exciting one,"

"I've learnt a lot here, and made proper friends. They're not psychos, no one needing your help is a psycho and I'm sorry I ever said that. I do belong here, and I'm not even ashamed anymore,"

"Sometimes I wonder where the rude Freya went,"

"I'm just excited,"

And the excitement only grew as Liz returned to pick her up. She took the bag to the car as Ashton stood with Freya, holding her shoulders.

"You've done it,"

"Thanks for putting up with me,"

"Don't slip into it, you know what to do and what to avoid. You've got Cal and Luke, and Liz and Andy, Michael and me,"

"I'm feeling pretty confident,"

"Good. I'm not gonna stop you going to your new life any longer. Have fun, and I'll see you next week. Any last words?"

The girl thought for a moment, slipping her hand in her pocket and pulling it out with her middle finger up.

"Goodbye, dickhead,"

***
The end

Thankyou for reading, this book was so fun to write.

I know, I know, the ending came suddenly but that's how I wanted it so yeah.

Just excited for my Ashton adopting book, and the next part of this to come out. I have got lots of exams for like the next year which delays my writing, but I'll eventually get them up.

Thankyou !! Xx