21

"I thought the food here would be disgusting if I'm honest," Freya said, trying to slow down so Luke didn't feel bad. Ashton laughed a bit, giving her a tissue.

"This food isn't healthy though, it's not gonna help me get muscle,"

Michael sighed, sitting back and feeling hopeless about the situation.

"Luke it is healthy, it's"- "you're cute anyway,"

"Don't watch me,"

The comment went straight past him.

"I've scoffed this down. I am not paying attention to how you're eating Luke, the food is too good. There are press following me everywhere, and photos of me eating never go anywhere because it's not something people want to look at,"

"That doesn't mean people won't,"

"You're lucky you can go to the gym,"

"Can we eat at the same time?"

"Well I'm not gonna slow down,"

Michael and Ashton raised their eyebrows, slightly amused by the oddness in the situation. Freya was being her usual self, but trying to make him feel better. Luke was struggling to keep up.

Yet it went well together.

"Do we get dessert?"

"I think it's best we give your stomach a rest," Ashton replied, her body still craving the high a bit and her medicine prone to give an upset stomach. If sugar filled a hole, it could be a dangerous spiral

"How many more weeks will you be saying that?"

"As many as I need,"

Michael was pleasantly surprised to see the boy still eating, and hoped Ashton would agree to have them eat together until he felt less self conscious. Luke could have it really bad sometimes.

"You look good Luke, I don't know who said you don't but whoever it was... I can beat up or something,"

"We won't be beating anyone up," Michael said sternly.

"It was me," Luke said sadly, startled by the sudden anger.

"Oh, well I won't beat you up then because you seem to do that enough yourself,"

"How does the hate not get to you?"

"That's a conversation for another times," Ashton interrupted, knowing full well it got to the girl whether she admitted it or not.

She shrunk back in her chair a bit, the comments already ringing round her head. All that kept her here was that Luke needed her, and she cared about him already.

"I'm finished,"

The boys plate was just under half full, but it was a satisfactory amount considering what'd been happening.

"Please can we go back to my room?" Freya said quietly.

"We'll see you tomorrow Luke? Eat your breakfast and lunch then I promise you can see Freya at tea," Ashton said, more than aware of what was about to happen.

Luke nodded, terrified he'd done something to hurt Freya. He was just curious and desperate to change, and thought someone with experience could help.

"What have I done?"

"There's just some unresolved issues, she's like a puzzle with tons of missing pieces,"

Freya and Ashton got back to her room, the tears already running as she sat on her bed.

Ashton turned the air con on and got her a bottle of water.

"I need something,"

"No, Freya. I want you to put pen to paper and draw or write what you're feeling because you're not telling me and it needs to come out,"

"Ashton," she sobbed, "it hurts,"

"What hurts?"

"The itch. On my wrists and in my throat and stomach and arms for something,"

"It's gonna be like that until he chemicals in your head change, and until you realise you don't need it. Draw,"

He put a pen and paper in her hand, watching carefully as she just started scribbling across the page. It was interesting to him, the variety of sharp and soft lines. They didn't overlap either.

"Ok, are you ready to talk?"

"I have a problem, and I really want to get better but I'm too scared,"

"What of?"

"Seeing the world as it is, and seeing myself as who I am,"