24

Michael frowned as the scale stopped.

"Luke, could you sit down for me?" He said firmly.

He knew the boy hadn't been eating enough to make his gain massively, but he always ate enough.

And his medicine should be making him gain weight.

"Take your medicine,"

He watched as Luke took the pills, innocently drinking the water and swinging his legs.

"Now lift up your tongue,"

The boy shook his head, his cheeks burning red as he'd been found out.

"Luke," Michael groaned, covering his face and sitting down, "I'm gonna have to carry you onto Ashton,"

"What about Freya?"

"She'll come with me. She's making progress, and I'm struggling to help you,"

"No, no, no. Michael, I'll take my medicine and eat my food and do group therapy to keep you,"

"There's where it's wrong though, Luke. You have to do these things and get better for yourself. It's already organised,"

Much to Freya's dismay, the news had been shared with her too.

"Michael? No Ashton, I want you. We've done good and you help me,"

"You'll still see me, I promise,"

She felt the need to cry. It was like being taken away from an old friend. Ashton knew everything about her.

"I hate Luke," she shouted, tugging the cover over her head, "I hate him,"

"We don't hate, Freya. Tell me why you're so upset," Ashton asked, although, he knew the answer.

He too was quite upset.

"You're firm. As soon as I step into the real world again, I'm gonna be itching for a rush, and whatever rush I can get first,"

"Yes, but you can't always have me to stop you. Michael isn't as firm, but he will help you understand,"

"I'll stop eating,"

"No you won't,"

"I will. I won't eat, or talk, or sleep, or even shower,"

"Freya, please just do this. It's for a week,"

"I don't feel safe,"

That was it, he'd cracked it.

"Why?"

"Because something stupid will happen,"

"No it won't,"

"Just wait and see,"

So the week began.

Luke actually enjoyed his first breakfast, him and Ashton talking about home and his mum. With him on new medication, and taking his other under observation, he was a bit more perky.

Freya however, was sticking to her promise.

"Fuck off,"

"We don't speak like that,"

"I do. I'm not eating until I get Ashton back. Fuck off,"

"Freya,"

Michael jumped back as she threw the- luckily- plastic plate across the room. He pressed the white button and watched as she laid down, small sobs escaping her mouth.

"I don't feel good,"

"Tell me why,"

"I've not recovered,"

"There will always be a point where you think about it, and recovery takes a lot longer than your time in here, but you have,"

"I want Ashton, because it was the one thing I felt like I was in control of. One thing that was consistent in my life at the moment,"

"When you leave, there will be so much more,"

"So let's talk about when you get out," Michael said, but also Naomi.

Calum bit his lip, curling a loose thread round his finger.

"My sister Mali said I could stay with her,"

"That sounds good,"

"Yeah. I feel like I could maybe go to uni, but I'm not sure if it's too stressful,"

"I think you'd love it, and you'd still see me so we could work on stress,"

"Would you help me get in?"

"Of course. What're you thinking?"

"It would be cool to study film and tv,"

"Yeah? I'll look into it for you and then we can talk again. Maybe, even get your sister in,"

"I could see her?"

"Calum, I don't think you realise quite how close you are to getting out,"