4

She felt like she wanted to explode.

She wanted to rip her hair out.

Everything and everyone here was so frustrating.

The food they'd given her landed her on the toilet for hours, a constant flow of nurses having to change her bed. Each of them had the same thought, good luck.

She had no more pyjamas, no more dignity and was still filled with confusion. Truthfully, she wanted Ashton back.

They kept supplying her with medicine, which she gladly took, but withdrawal was torture.

Pure torture.

It all seemed like a mess, and she had no sense of time anymore.

Her body ached like she had the flu, her nose running as she laid on the bathroom floor.

Being on the cold, smooth, white tiled floor comforted her as her body still seemed to burn. No longer craving a rush, she looked for comfort. It hurt.

Ashton was surprised to see her laying on the floor. Silent. He wasn't aware she was capable of such thing after their first meeting.

However, as with all patients, he was giving her a chance.

"You feeling comfy down there?"

He crouched infront of her, an amused look on his face. Instead of replying, she stuck her middle finger up at him and stared ahead.

That was a new thing, he thought. No patient ever had such a high level of disrespect towards him because he was clearly the boss, however her personality was almost as controlling as his.

Almost.

"I think your bed might be nicer, I want to talk about your dad,"

"There's nothing to say,"

Any thought of wanting Ashton back had vanished as soon as he started prodding. She knew nothing about him, and just wanted to go home.

"I think you'll have plenty to say,"

"What day is it?"

"Wednesday,"

"So it's been three days,"

"You still have another ten before you can leave this room,"

"It stinks of sick,"

"Tends to happen,"

"What if someone came into my room?"

"There's a very small chance that would happen,"

"I didn't sign up for this," she groaned, climbing back into her bed. Her suitcase had arrived and with it came my small teddy, which she cuddled against as Ashton sat opposite.

He smiled at the sight because although she did such horrible things to herself, and tried to numb the pain, she had something here to comfort her.

"I know, but you're here so embrace it,"

"Why did you have to take all those things away from me?"

"Because, Freya, you're young and it was such a dangerous thing to be doing,"

"You took my blades and drugs and everything,"

"Yes, perhaps you can tell me why you needed them so much?"

He was determined to get her to like him, and open up, because from there it became easier. They usually got distracted and said something, or asked you for help. Nothing was forced anymore, and it was like a bond not a job and client.

"Only special people get to know,"

"Then these sessions are going to be very unsuccessful,"

"Good,"

"Would your dad be happy?" he asked, tapping his pen against his notebook. It was a nervous habit, but he wouldn't admit he was nervous about the girl.

Again, he couldn't help but think about how much of a state she was.

"My dad doesn't care. He never has,"

"Tell me some happy memories you have with him,"

"He hasn't tried to make any. Can you just shut up about this. There's nothing interesting or fascinating about me. You aren't gonna stop me taking drugs, or drinking alcohol because I'm not doing myself any harm,"

"And you believe that?"

"Yeah because it's the truth,"

Freya didn't understand why he was so persistent. She answered his questions, but he wanted to prove her wrong. Her conclusion was that he was out to get her.

"What about your wrists and stomach?"

"I don't want to talk to you,"

She was convinced she didn't have to.

She knew she'd woken up in the place a few days ago, but no one told her anything.

As soon as she could talk they'd sat her in a room where her dad sent her off with some guards. Apparently this place would make her safe. She didn't feel it.

Ashton found it hard to not pity her. After all, she had pretty much just been shipped off by her family and was now being forced to talk to a stranger.

"I'm just trying to help you, because this isn't easy and it sucks to be on your own,"