30

"Three weeks?" the three kids said, all three therapists nodding.

"Well, Calum is gonna go out first and settle with his sister. A couple of days later Luke will go back home and then Freya. We are still working out arrangements for you," Naomi said.

"What are the options?"

"We don't feel comfortable with you going back home, and neither do you really," Ashton said, "so Liz has offered to look after you. We've decided against a dorm for now, but you'll go back home- which we will come and check up on you twice a week, as well as each of you having appointments with us every week,"

"The uni accepted us all into our courses?" Calum asked excitedly, "I get to do film?"

"We said we'd write good recommendations,"

"Three weeks," Luke mumbled, "and you all think we are ready?"

"If we don't let you out to the real world soon, you'll never be able to fit in again. As we said, with check ins and appointments it's still very controlled but we trust you all,"

"I trust myself, too," Calum smiled. Although the other two were less sure, having only been through two months and this being their third.Calum was excited. He was proud. He felt he'd be ready by then.

"Can I meet Liz before?"

"She's really nice," Luke said, "and she cooks the best meals ever,"

He held her hand, feeling energy burst through him. He was leaving- they all were.

Ashton walked Freya back to her room, sitting down on the chair and waiting for her to speak. She hadn't had much of a reaction.

"Are you happy?"

"I don't trust myself,"

"I trust you. You hate that you didn't control yourself, you're gonna be okay. You're surrounded by support,"

"Does my dad know?"

"Yes, and he supports it. He said he isn't giving you an allowance, but that Liz will instead receive money to spend on you. If you want anything she can get it,"

"Won't it be a bit weird though? Me and Luke in the same home,"

"Why?" Ashton teased, knowing fully well why.

"Because,"

"Because what?"

"We like each other," she groaned, "I miss him already,"

"Once your settled in I'm sure you can share a room,"

"Fuck off," she laughed.

It was a proper laugh, once that bounced off the walls and became contagious. One that held so much happiness that you yourself became happy.

"I am happy to leave,"

"Good. Shall we call Luke down?"

The girl nodded and sighed happily, suddenly feeling like a normal 17 year old. With a crush, and something to study, and reading, and friends.

Ashton left to go to his office and Luke walked through her door, feeling giddy at the news they'd been given. More time at home, more time with Freya.

"Hey," he smiled, "I feel so good. They took me off some medication and tried a new one and I feel so good,"

"That's good,"

The boy sat on her bed, throwing his arms round her. At first she seized up, but relaxed in his hold and laid down, pulling him closer to her chest. He was part of the reason she'd made it this far.

"When I first came, I felt unlucky that I was found. Now I feel... lucky," Freya admitted, looking into the blue eyes in front of her. The first time she saw them they were puffy, and red, but now they held so much joy and hope.

"I feel lucky right now," he said quietly, cupping the girl's face in his hand and pressing his lips against hers.

"Because I get to leave with you,"