STEVE ROGERS

it was the fear that kept you froze in place as you stared up at the sky

  it was the fear that kept you froze in place as you stared up at the sky. missiles were flying right toward you, yet you couldn't bring yourself to move. this is it, you kept thinking, this was going to be the thing that takes you out of the superhero life you live. and with how things had been going, you weren't sure if you were afraid of the death looking you down. you made eye contact with steve rogers who stood beside you, his hand was latched onto the spare fabric of your jacket, trying to pull you away. his mouth were mouthing words, if he was truly speaking, you couldn't hear him.

you smile at him mutely, before pushing him into the safety of the overhang. you turned to face the on slot of missiles alone, you powers surrounding you. you were no tony stark, but you can prevent as much damage as possible, even if that meant your life. you feel a rough hand grab you around your waist and pull you in. you were pressed into the comforting chest of steve as he covered both of you by the shield just as the missiles hit. you squirm but you couldn't escape, steve's will alone was keeping you in place.

********
"I'm not letting you die. Not now, not ever."