SHURI UDAKU

you set out of your father's apartment building, breathing out a sigh of relief as you stepped into the california heat

  you set out of your father's apartment building, breathing out a sigh of relief as you stepped into the california heat. he's been out of it again, you've been trying your best to take care of him, but it's growing hard to do so with you working and going to school AND being an only child. children younger than you were playing basketball, they were everywhere. you carefully walked through them, ruffling the hair of the neighbors kid as he walked past.

from across the way you could see too figures facing away, from them, towards the building that had been basically foreclosed for awhile. you thought they must be new to the area, but the guy looked familiar. it didn't click in her until after you spoke to them and saw the aircraft they came in. Although you couldn't help but hear what the girl mumbled after she left and, for the first time in awhile, you let a huge grin take over your face.

*****
"Excuse me, sir, misses, are you lost? I can help if needed"

"No we're just fine, but thank you for the offer."

"Of course! Anytime! If you're new here I live right over there, you can ask whenever"

"Oh I'll be doing so miss."

"....."

"T'Challa, you were right! This is much better than Coachella!"