4 friendship

Having a really good friend can truly be a great blessing in life. My friends have always been there for me even if they don't know the extent of what I suffer each day, they are always there to make me smile.

"Hey Cassie how was the test today " Gloria asked I got closer to my locker and changed my books for the next period.

"It was awesome! I knew all the answers to all the questions, I know am getting an A+" I shriek in excitement

"You are such a geek " Gloria tease

"So are you glo" I cough out with a laugh, as she glares at me. She is a straight-A student like me.

"I guess you are right that's why we are the geek sisters"

     Gloria is my only friend in the whole universe, am not allowed to have a friend much more a bestie but am glad I have her. She is always there for me without really knowing my pains.

"Where is Adams " I asked closing my lockers as we both made our way down the hall to my next class. Adam is Gloria's boyfriend and my friend, they are inseparable so I was curious.

"He texted me earlier, he caught a serious cold, he complained so much about not wanting to..... " she chatted absently mindedly combing her hands through her shoulder-length black hair. I spaced out in the middle of the conversation. starting as she chatted away with no care of tomorrow,  while am afraid of what my tomorrow might send my way.

    Gloria is an epitome of beauty with her curves present in all the right places her caramel skin shines, full pouty lips. With large green eyes that look deep down your soul. She is a nerd just like me but we are both Worlds apart, she comes from a rich home living the best life has to offer, while I can barely call what I do living. I look like a troll.

    I am a caged bird, I have been caged all my life never able to taste freedom, but I hope that someday, I will be free to roam the sky without limit. This dream is the only thing that keeps me going and not being sulked in by depression that seems to knock on my door each day.

"Earth to Cassie, where did you go off to this time, you are always spacing out, did you even hear a thing I said" Gloria snaps bracing me out of my thoughts. As she flicks my cheek

" ouch, sorry Gloria, I have a lot going on in my mind lately," I said with an apologetic gaze. 

You mean every day of your life my subconscious sarcastically added.

"What's wrong Cassie, you know you can tell me anything, am you best friend" she encourages with a smile, while I pull on my fake smile obliterating any form of sadness on my face.

  "Nothing Glo, I didn't do Mrs Oman's Essay assignment that's all nothing to worry about " I replied with a smile. When I felt a shoulder bump mine, with the force and not being conscious of my surroundings. I fell on the floor with a thud. 

    I feel pains in my lower abdomen, that's what you get when you barely eat, and work yourself to a stupor.

"How dare you touch me with your stink pig!!" The queen bee shrieks in agony (Aka my step-sister) nobody in the school knows we are related not even my friends. It's better that way so I won't have to mention while they are privileged and am the less privileged.

       The situation clearly shows that she bumped into me and not the other way around. Any wrong comments to her. Then she went off running to her mom and boom I had been given a toothbrush to clean the stairs, Gloria quickly pulled me up to my feet as Ella glared at me expecting a supposed apology. 

  "Sorry, Your Highness for being blind I will try to see pigs better next time " I replied as she walked away not getting my sarcasm at the end of my statement. 

  "I can't believe that she didn't get the fact that you called her a pig " Gloria said chuckling while I laughed along with her.

  Ella has always been so dense spending all her time applying make-up of different shades and not a minute to study her book.

  "Let's go, we can not be late for Mrs Oman's class," I said. As we made our way towards the class. English, it's one of my favourite subjects in the universe.

"Off to class, we go then"

_______________

"Are you not going to have lunch, Cassie?" Glo asked, munching on an apple. Glo tends to be a health freak, avoiding junk and always eating healthy. And have an unhealthy obsession with apples.

"No am not having anything I had a heavy breakfast Glo "I said awkwardly trying to hide the fact that I didn't have the money to buy anything from the cafeteria.

"Common Cassie that has been your excuse for a week now, you always have heavy breakfast" she asked assessing me.

  "I forgot my wallet at home " I lied using the same excuse. I always use it when she is onto me.

  "You could have said so earlier Cassie, you can have some of my apples or I could lend you money to buy a burger and I won't take no for an answer" she warned

"Sharing your apples is fine Glo " I replied with a small smile, not wanting to owe her any more money. Or seem like an opportunist. She always lends me money and I have none to give to her or even pay back. I took an Apple from her tray and I munch on it, pretending to be satisfied and refusing to take another.

   We exchanged conversations and chatted for a while before the bell rang. We immediately made our way to the next class.

____________________________________

Please vote and comment on your thoughts