14. Flood Of Emotion

The school was a distraction as it was time to face reality, I walked home in solace thinking about what my future would be like if my stepdad was alive.

"The dream that you wish will come through " I hum remembering my favorite song from Cinderella.

"Nice voice " a voice yelled I turned to look as a flashy sports car drove past me, splashing water all over me.

"What the hell is wrong with you " I yelled, the car did not look like either of the twins' car, the car looked more expensive.

It was a long walk home and I was wet, I continued to cause the lousy driver in my head.

"what a waste, they will give any a license to drive these days" I murmured,

I walked for a while before I spotted the same car parked at the side of the road, I was furious, so I walked angrily to the driver's window and knocked when there was no answer I tried to peep to see if the blind idiotic driver was inside the car. But I couldn't the fucking glass was tinted

"Can you stop doing that, " I heard a voice say, as the door opened, I saw a tall handsome hairy individual. He looked my age but I couldn't tell tho.

"Why are you wet? " he asked staring at me with a puzzled look.

"Because you happened to me jackass " I yelled poking him in his chest.

"Woah hold on Chicka" he replied holding my hands to stop my attack.

"let me go " I yelled pulling my hands,

"Calm down, Do I know you," he asked confused.

"you splashed, water on me as if my problems weren't enough " I yelled, unknown tears started dripping down my face. I squatted and covered my eyes but I couldn't stop crying Then it was like a gush of wind exploded inside me and I was pouring out tears in front of a stranger.

I thought of everything wrong with my life, every pain and everything, I cried out my eyes. I felt someone squat beside me. And I was offered a tissue.

I reluctantly accepted it, I wiped my face clean as I stood and started walking home without saying anything to the stranger. That was standing wordlessly beside me.

"Thank you " I whispered. I walked home without uttering another word.

The Nameless guy tried to call me, but I ignored him and continued walking down the street, I embarrassed myself enough today. When I saw he was coming after me. I ran as fast as my leg could take me.

I got to Stella's house, I can't even call it my home anymore because I don't feel welcome here.
"Cassie dear you are back " I heard Stella say. Which is very weird because she is never nice to me.

"you are late! why are you wet, go upstairs and change, wear your best, because we are having dinner with your dad's friend" she whispered, with a creepy smile that reads, don't embarrass me and we are going to pretend we are a happy family and that I am nice to you.

I nod not having any strength to argue otherwise. I walked up the stairs, I knew the drill, any time this happens, on a special visit like this one, I dress up and I am treated like an actual human being for the rest of the day.

I got to my room, took my bath, dressed up in my best clothes, brushed my hair, and made sure I looked presentable. Not wanting to make dinner I sat in my room.

I am finally going to get served today, since my father died, I looked forward to his visit every day, but such a visit only happens once in a while. I am only treated like a human being on such special occasions.

We had dinner that night, we sat as a family, I could read through and see their fake smile and fake gestures. I made such stuff myself knowing I won't get this opportunity in a long time. Stella always orders dinner from a five-star hotel and pretends to cook it which Mr Carson always believes.

Emma couldn't help but subtly annoyed me all through the meal. With insulting words and annoying gushes until her mom cautioned her. She threw a tantrum. Which I am going to pay for later. They can't even let me enjoy my day off in peace.

I cried myself to bed that night after washing and doing unnecessary chores all through the night. When will my tears stop?

_________________________________________

Another update guys