2.7

{gif by koridick}

Lilly flew over to the Helicarrier

Lilly flew over to the Helicarrier. From afar she saw Bucky and Steve. "Don't touch him!" She dived right in the moment when the Helicarrier exploded. "No!" She screamed as it sent her flying away. The last thing before falling into a water, she saw Steve falling down the Helicarrier. And Bucky.

Later as she made her way to the land, she panted, looking around for Steve. Just as she was about to scream, she noticed him laying on the ground. "No," she said and ran to him.

She kneeled beside him and touched his face. It was bloody and bruised. "Steve?" She said with tears in her eyes. She put her head on his chest and cried. "I love you."

——— later in the hospital ———

Lilly was sitting in the chair next to Steve's bed, when Sam entered. "Am I disturbing?" She shook her head. As Sam stepped in, Steve moved his head in his direction. Sam stepped closer to his bed. Lilly put her hand on Steve's head and pet his hair. Steve looked straight and said "On your left." Sam smiled at him. "I'll leave you two alone for a while and come back later," he said. "Oh, you don't have to, we—" "It's okay. You two haven't been together for the last few days," "actually—" "I'll come in later." With that he left the room.

Lilly turned to Steve. "You look better," she said and smiled at him. Steve turned his head in her direction. "Don't I always?" She let out a chuckle. "Even when almost dead, you cannot help yourself." He smiled.

"You scared me when I saw you laying on the ground unconscious." He looked down. She leaned in and planted a kiss on his forehead. She rested her forehead on his and sighed. "As long as you're alright, I'll be calmed down," she said and moved away. "I don't know if its okay for you but, I would really want a kiss right now," he said and smiled as he looked up at her. She gave him what he asked for.

"I heard what you said." She leaned back in her chair. "What did I say?" She was confused. "To me, when I was laying on the ground," he said. "Oh," she said back and looked away. "It's okay,... I love you too." Lilly looked down at her feet and smiled. "I'll call Sam in," she said and got up. She kissed him on his forehead before heading out of the room.

——— even later ———

Lilly, Steve and Sam were standing in front of Fury's grave. "So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?" Fury asked them. Lilly looked at him. "You get used to it." Steve said. "We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come," Nick offered Steve. "There's something I gotta do first." "How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." "I'm more of a soldier than a spy," Sam said to him. He looked at Lilly.

"Alright then." He shook all of their hands. "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here." He looked to his gravestone and walked away. As he left, Natasha joined them. "You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you," "no need to say more," Lilly said back to her. Steve turned to Nat. "Not going with him?" "No." "Not staying here?" "I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one," she said and smiled. "That might take a while." "Before that I have something else to do." As she said that she looked at Lilly.

"That thing you asked for, I called in a few favours from Kiev," she said and handed Steve a file. "Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread," she said and looked at Lilly. "And you,... if you don't mind calling me later. I think we haven't finished what we started." Lilly nodded.

As Natasha left, Steve opened a file. It contained Bucky's information. Lilly and Sam walked closer to him. "You're going after him?" Sam asked him. Lilly took a file out from his hand and looked at the picture. "You don't have to come with me," Steve answered him. "I know. When do we start?" Steve looked at him. "You know you can count on me too, right?" Lilly said as she handed him the file. He smiled and give her a peck on the cheek. "I know," he said and looked at Sam. "I'm fine. I'll survive without your kisses just fine." Lilly and Steve laughed at his comment.

"This means both of you are ready to accompany Captain America on his new task?" Steve asked them. "We're following Steve Rogers, not Captain America," Sam said and Lilly agreed.

"Follow me then," he said and put a hand around Lilly's shoulder. All of them were headed on the search for The Winter Soldier, but first they needed at least a day off.

END OF PART TWO