5.7

{gif by diana-prince}

On the bridge was a giant wolf looking beast

"Great, just what I wanted," Lilly said. "People are trapped, I think it's time for us fend it off," Valkyrie said.

Bruce opens the door, allowing Valkyrie to shoot at the beast. "I really don't like this," Lilly said, hesitantly.

"What, scared of a big puppy?" Valkyrie teased her as she was preparing to fire at the beast. "Not as scared as,... I am sorry, but I kind of have soft spot for animals, and you have to admit, it looks kind of cute," Lilly said to her.

"If it looks that cute, perhaps you should adopt it in another life," Valkyrie said mockingly. Lilly stuck her tongue out at her. Valkyrie smirked and grabbed the weapon. "Get ready Lilly, it will get ugly.

Lilly nodded and waited for Valkyrie to start firing at the beast. She noticed people, trapped between the beast and another army, lead by Skurge.

"Oh crap," Lilly said. "You should save your powers in case things go very bad," Valkyrie said to her. "Yes, but, aren't things already really bad?" With that she looked down through the door and sighed. "Hopefully, we can scare it off," she said and jumped out of the ship.

She transformed and immediately went after the beast. "Shoo, you," she said as she fired flame balls at his legs.

After some time, the attack on the beast proved unsuccessful. "Is she even helping me?" Valkyrie asked Bruce, who was hesitant. "She is either weak or feels sorry for that giant bag of fleas."

Lilly was hesitating. Even though she wanted desperately to help people, the atmosphere kept distracting her. "Focus on the problem," she said to herself as she fired at it. As much as she tried to let go of the past, she couldn't stop thinking about it. Every destroyed building, fire around her and just pure devastation, kept her aware of what happened long time ago. She noticed the army, running up to people.

"I need to keep the promise. For Thor, for the people and me," she said.

She motioned to Valkyrie, signalling her that she's going after the army. She fired at them, fending them off, burning them in the process. "Leave them alone!" She yelled.

Not long after, she saw the Heimdall, preparing to strike his sword at the beast. "He won't make it," she said quietly. She held the army off, as she noticed a person falling out from the ship and hitting the bridge.

"Bruce!?" The beast stopped dead in its tracks. It sniffed him, worry growing inside of Lilly. "Don't hurt him," she plead. She saw the beast running towards people. "Oh, shit!" She extended her arm towards it, hoping to hold it off for as long as she could. She as she did that, she felt her other arm, holding the army off, get weaker. "No," she said.

Just as she was about to push her limit, she saw the beast being pulled back. A second later, she heard a loud roar.

"The Hulk," she said and smiled in relief. Feeling her hold on army getting loose, some of them ran past her fiery shield. "Crap!"