1.5

{gif by notsaulgoodmans-blog}

Fury called in Steve and Tony

Fury called in Steve and Tony. Lilly was still shaken from the event that happen. She never imagined she'd have to watch him as he leaves this planet. She was saying that it was all in her head and she'll wake up and everything will be as it was.

She moved towards the wall and leaned against it as she saw Steve and Tony coming inside the room. Both of their faces had an expression of devastation written all over it. Both of them sat down and waited for Fury to speak.

Fury looked at Lilly and nodded. She walked towards the table and stopped next to Steve's seat. She pulled the cards out from her pocket and placed them in front of Steve. His gaze was following her hand and when she placed them down, he looked back at her. "These were in his jacket," she said with tears forming in her eyes. Steve noticed that and stood up. "He was like a father to me. One that I didn't have," as she said that she looked down at her feet. Steve hugged her and rubbed her back. Lilly pulled away from him and walked to Maria's side.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." Fury said. Steve, sitting down on his chair, picked up the cards, that were stained with blood. Lilly looked at Tony. She has rarely seen him sad or disappointed, but this time it was the first time she saw him... hopeless. Maria placed her hand on her shoulder. Lilly looked at her and gave her a smile. She missed him too. They both did.

"There was an idea, Stark knows this, called The Avengers Initiative," Fury started saying and walked closer to the two of them being seated at the table. "The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more.,..." he stopped and rested his arms on the chair between them. Steve looked at him, while Tony was looking away, not wanting to look at anyone. "See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea,...in heroes." With that, Tony rose up from his chair and walked out of the room.

"Well,... It's an old fashioned notion." Fury ended and looked at Lilly. "Come on, Steve, we need to go after Tony," she said and walked out of the room. She was surprised she listened to Fury's order at least once. Something changed inside of her, but she doesn't know what.

Steve and Lilly walked into the corridor. "Where do you think he went?" Lilly didn't answer him. She wasn't mad, she was just,... hopeless, like Tony. Steve grabbed her by the hand, causing them to stop. "Look, I'm sorry for what happened to you, I really am, but you don't have to be mean to me," he said, trying to make eye contact with her. She stayed silent, looking away. He sighed and let go off her hand. "Lead the way, then," he said and put his hands on his hips. She looked up at him. "I'm not being mean to anyone, you know," she said "I just don't know what to do now,... If even more people I care about, die,... I,..." she looked down again. Steve didn't know what to say. He sighed. She hugged him and cried. He hugged her back tighter, reassuring her that everything's going to be okay.

They stayed like this for some time. She felt safe in his arms. She didn't want to admit that, even when she felt that way. "Thanks," she said as she pulled away. "This means a lot to me," she said and smiled. He smiled at her. "I'm happy to help, but now we have something else to do," he told her and with that they both left for the cell room.

When they walked in, they saw Tony standing there. Steve looked down, where the cell was and leaned on the wall. "Was he married?" "No," Tony answered him. "There was uh, a cellist I think," he said, looking forward. "I'm sorry," Steve said.

"He was an idiot." Lilly looked at him. Tony noticed that and walked away from the fence. "For taking on Loki alone," he added. He was walking closer to them. "He was out of his league. He should have waited, he should have,..." his eyes landed on Lilly. "He should what?" She asked him. "You were there with him, why didn't you help him?" "I wanted to, butI couldn't!" She yelled at him. "I was under Loki's spell," she said with normal voice. "I tried my best, but I failed." Steve placed a hand on her shoulder. He looked at Tony as he passed by them. "This your first time losing a soldier?" "We are NOT soldiers!" Tony said as he turned sharply.

There was a silence after that. "I am not marching at Fury's fife." "No one is," Lilly said. Tony looked at Steve and then to the blood stained wall. "He made it personal. He hit us all here, where we live,... why?" "To tear us apart," Steve answered. Tony looked at him. "He knows he has to take us out to win, right?" "That's what he wants," Lilly said, "he also wants to be seen, have an audience," she continued.

"Right, Loki is full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered on it,..." Tony paused. Lilly rose her left eyebrow. "Son of a bitch," he added. Steve nodded to Lilly and all of then separated their ways.

"We need to go," Lilly said to Nat. "Where?" "We'll tell you on our way." Lilly said and noticed Barton coming out from the bathroom. She looked at Nat and she nodded. "Suit up," she said before turning away and walking down towards Steve. "We need a jet," he said, all suited up. Lilly looked him up and down. "How can you move so easily in a suit that tight?" Steve grinned at her. "It has other abilities,..." "like what?" She asked him. He leaned at the wall with his shoulder and looked at her. "Grabbing attention," he smiled and she rolled her eyes. "Hopefully it grabs the attention of a free jet."

Not long after, Barton and Nat joined them. Steve looked at Lilly, when he noticed Barton. "He's with us," she said and Steve looked at him. "Let's find this goddamn jet."

All four of them walked inside an open quinjet. However, there was a pilot inside. "You guys are not authorized to be here—" "son,... just don't." Steve told him. "I love that side of you," Lilly said to him. He smiled and continued with his work. "Everyone on their positions,... we have work to do." With that all of them seated themselves. Natasha and Barton ran the quinjet and closed the door. "Ready to fly, Cap?" Nat asked him.

"Let's get this son of a bitch."