7.6

{gif by captainhandsomes}

Lilly went back to the Avengers Compound

Lilly went back to the Avengers Compound. She went into a lab, where she saw Bruce behind the panel.

"Hey, Bruce," Lilly said as she walked closer to them. Everyone turned their head to her. "Look who decided to join us," Nat said.

"What's up with him?" Lily asked and gestured to Scott, who was in his costume in front of the van. "Thanks to Bruce, we will test Scott's theory," Steve said. "And also, I'm glad you're here, because we need to talk."

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... the van thing," Bruce said to him and Scott opened the portal.

"Breakers are set, emergency generators are on standby," Nat said and walked to them.

"Good. 'Cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose Tiny here in the 1950's," Bruce said. Lilly furrowed her eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" Scott asked him.

"Don't worry Scott, Bruce's joking around," Lilly said to him and fake smiled. She then turned to Bruce and said, "are you out of your mind? Don't say things like that!"

"Just... It was a bad joke," Bruce said to him. "I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is," he said to Lilly. He turned to Scott and gave him a thumbs up. "We're good! Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing," Scott said back. Lilly and Nat exchanged looks and shrugged.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this," Steve said to him.

"You're right. I do, Captain America," he said back to him. Lilly looked between him and Scott, before he disappeared into the portal. "I see your fanbase isn't unstable," Lilly said to Steve.

"No, darling. It isn't," he said and walked to her. "I think I can say the same for you," he said and wrapped his arms around her. "What are you doing ..." he leaned closer to kiss her, but was interrupted by Scott.

"Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right," Scott said. Well, teenager Scott. "That...who is that?" Nat asked. Steve let go of Lilly and moved closer to Bruce. "Hold on," Bruce said as he started pushing buttons.

"Is that Scott?" Nat asked him.

"Yes, it's Scott!" Scott answered her, clearly annoyed. The portal sucked him in and out came an older fella.

"Ow! My back!"

"What is this?" Steve asked Bruce.

"Can I get a little space here?" Bruce asked, full on panic mode. "Yeah yeah. Can you bring him back?" Steve asked him. "I'm working on it."