7.3

{gif by cinemagal}

The team was flying out to space

Lilly was sitting between Rhodey and Thor. "I know killing Thanos is our main goal, but these seats... they could be more comfortable," Lilly said.

"You can seat on my lap," Rhodey said. Bruce and Lilly looked at him wide eyed. "What? Is it weird?"

"Yes. It is weird, at least a little if not totally," Lilly said to him.

"Not to mention that her boyfriend is sitting right there," Nat said and pointed to Steve. "You guys are back together?" Thor asked Lilly.

"Well, I mean ... yeah," Lilly said unsure.

"What do you mean 'I mean'?" Steve asked her.

"Well, it's not like we said, 'do you want to get back together with me?', but we just ... did."

"Do you want me to ask you?"

"No, it's fine."

Nat leaned closer to Steve and whispered, "this means she's not fine." Steve sighed.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked and Nat, Steve and Rhodey raised their hands. "Good. You better not throw up on my ship."

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula counted down.

The ship jumped into a wormhole. As they exited, before them was an orbit of the planet they have seen in the hologram.

"I'll head down for recon," Carol said outside from the ship.

Lilly sighed and got up. She observed the planet before her. "What's on you mind, Richards?" Nat asked her.

"I didn't think I'll be back here this soon."

"You were on this planet before?"

"No. I meant in space." Nat joined her by her side and looked out from the window. "It's beautiful."

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him," Carol said.

"More than enough," Lilly said to her. She walked back to Thor and sat beside him. "You're so quiet." He didn't answer her.

"Anything you need, I'll be here for you." He didn't even look at her. "I actually have an idea, which I think you'll like."

The ship descended onto the planet. It was gorgeous. "I can see why he's so relaxed here," Lilly said as she looked outside. "We should come here sometimes, Steve," she said to him.

"I agree with you on the gorgeous part, however I think that after this, I have enough space travelling for a long time."

They noticed a small shed and field with crops before it. "You know what to do," Nebula said as she landed the ship.

Carol flew there, breaking through the roof. The rest of the team ran behind her. "Why don't you fly?" Nat panted. "I don't want to destroy my new suit on the first day."

"You can't." Bruce said, as he was running behind them in a Hulkbuster.

Lilly knew that. She didn't want to tell them the true reason, which is a fear of what happened the last time. She knew it was a stupid thing to be afraid of, but she remembered how much it hurt the last time she was on fire, her organs burning, hurting. Even though she may not be fully human, there is half of her, which is. Which is what makes her weaker.

They arrived at his home, engaging their plan. Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor bursted from the ground and grabbed Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm. Next, Thor flew in and sliced off the Infinity Gauntlet, while Rhodey flew down with Rocket and aimed guns at Thanos' head.

Lilly, Steve and Nat walked in. Lilly had to suppress herself from lashing out on him. As Rocket knocked over the Infinity Gauntlet, they noticed the stones were missing.

"Where are they?" Steve asked him. Carol tightened her hands around his neck. "Answer the question!"

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation," he answered them. Lilly had to breath out and in. "You fucking murdered trillions!" Lilly yelled, as Bruce pushed him even more to the ground.

"Where are the Stones?" Nat asked him.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce exclaimed. "I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable." Lilly tightened her jaw, balling her hands into fists.

"You're a liar." Lilly said to him.

"No. My father is many things. A liar is not one of them," Nebula said. Lilly glanced at her, angry.

"Ah, thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." With that Thor let out a scream as he rose the Stormbreaker and cut off his head.

Everyone looked shocked at a sudden action. Lilly looked at him. "Brother,..." she said.

"What... What did you do?" Rocket asked him.

"I went for the head," he said. He realized he did a mistake, but not one you regret. He walked out from the shed. Everyone exchanged looks.

"Thor!" Lilly called out after him and followed him.

She ran up to him and grabbed his arm. "Wait,..." He didn't turn to look at her. She walked around, facing him. She noticed a sad look on his face, tears gathering in his eyes.

"I lost, Lilly. I lost my whole family, except for you. I don't plan on losing you too," he said. She nodded and hugged him. "I know."

"There's no way I'm bringing back the people and nations we lost."

"Maybe there's—"

"No. There is no other way, Lilly. Not without the Stones."

Lilly's heart sank. "Is there really no way?"

He walked out from her hold, leaving her alone. Others passed her, except for Steve, who stopped before her. "Come on, we need to go home."

"I need a minute, Steve." She walked towards the field and stopped before it. She sat down and breathed heavily. 'Oh no. Not again,...' she thought to herself, remembering the last time she experienced this, back on the ship with Loki and Thor. She closed her eyes and pulled her knees to her chest. "Happy place, happy place," she said out loud.

Steve appeared behind her and his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him, a tear rolling down her cheek. He embraced her and held her for a long time. She thought of everyone she lost and everyone everybody lost.

"It's time to go."