Chapter 34

Alvin's P.O.V

"After what happened with Petra and Eyram earlier,I decided to leave Eyram alone for a bit, she needed a time out,so when I was in the elevator without her, I realized I made a big mistake!!!".

"You can go on her behalf Alvin!!;" my mother said.....
   How can Eyram not be present at a family function? what was wrong with her? But me trying to argue with my mother won't get me anywhere so, I decided to play along...."

"Stepping back into the elevator Petra
hit the ground floor button.
Seconds later, coming out of the elevator, I was greeted by many business men trying to get friendly with me but I knew their plans and I wasn't buying any of their bloody nonsense!!".

"Scanning through the crowd I see Charles!!, Charles was here? showing my surprise, my mom whispered into my ear saying his parents where here as well. Whilst we were heading to our table where my father was supposed to be waiting,
Sitting next to our table, the whole gang was here...... Hannah, Richard,his twin, Daniel, Raymond ....
Fuck I just remembered that dad and Mr. Brown worked hand in hand............I just had to not pay attention to those two and this night would be over before I knew it.!!!"

"Heading straight to Hannah when my mother was introducing Petra to some of our guest, I gave her Eyrams room card .. I took it from Petra's purse when she was on her phone in the elevator!!.
Hannah, I dont know how you are going to do this but please help Eyram get ready, I don't know whats wrong with her okay but do your best to change whatever state she's in, and text me if you have any problems... after taking her phone and purse from the table she nodded and left..."

"Meanwhile, Charles was coming up to me with a cast free hand and smiling like we wasn't in the hospital few weeks ago!!... what's up? and where's Eyram,he asked acting like I never punched him."

"Not feeling too good, I decided I was going to apologize  to him again!!.... look Charl...".

"Dude,  he stopped me in the middle of my sentence;, forget it okay  its in the past, lets just focus on ending this night without you and Raymond getting into a fight he said Patting my back".

"Heading to where my father , Charles dad and Raymond's dad were standing, I saw Daniel sitting with his eyes searching the whole place,probably looking for Eyram, he better not try anything with her this evening, or his face would be re-arranged for  him (asshole...)".

"Looking at my phone"
(You have one message from Hannah)

Hannah: Alvin, she's got a hangover, and what's she's supposed to wear, she threw up all over it!!! dude I need Serious help, send  Rose up here with a dress and fast..."

"Where, am I supposed to get a dress from at this hour within a short period of tim...."

"Ermm Alvin, where is Eyram ??, I can't seem to find her!!" Daniel said walking up to me talking like we were old friends".

"Daniel!! just the man I needed, I said pulling him closer to me" .... speaking of Eyram, she has a problem with what she's supposed to wear and you know Eyram, she wouldn't mind wearing ripped jeans and a sweat shirt, but in this case she cant!!!".

"Mhmmmm; he said giving me all the attention in the room!!
I would have done it myself, but If I leave for to long things could get nasty .. So I need you and Rose to look for something for Eyram to wear before the speeches begin in the next hour.... can you do that?.

"He nodded then was about to go get Rose but then stopped in his tracks asking... sooo Alvin, does this mean we are cool?
    " I looked at him and said, little by little, I'll try not to kill you when I see you with her!!!
I'll take that is a positive answer, he said shaking my hand before he leaving".