Chapter 30

No....... I can't believe this!!, Mom you knew about this? How?, why? when?
Alvin said getting up from the sofa mad at what my father was saying, we were sitting in our parents suite in one of our hotels in Seattle.

Alvin calm down and listen to your father my mother said with tears in her eyes threatening to escape..
......

"Dia was my fiancee ;dad started, carrying my child which would be due in less than two months, I loved her with all my heart!!! She was my high school sweetheart, she lost her innocence with me and I wasn't going to disappoint her."

" I was the son of a billionaire, and she the daughter of a mechanic and waitress, our love wasn't right in the sight of others and to others we wouldnt last but I was determined to prove all of them wrong".

"Dia got sick just before Petra was born, the doctors said that only one of them could or would survive, but for some reason both made it out alive.....

When Petra turned one, Dia was diagnosed with cancer.... she tried to be happy but it wasn't easy, I thought by loving her more she would just enjoy life till her body couldn't take it anymore, but she on the other hand decided that she wasn't going to take her medicines anymore, but the doctors encouraged her because her cancer could be cured since we found out early.....
But I was selfish, I wanted her to live for me, I wanted to hold her till the day I died.... but her thoughts were somewhere else!!

" She walked up to me one night and told me to leave and start a family with someone who was going to live with me and be strong when I was weak! but I didn't want to, I wanted her , but her mind was made up ....
I wasn't going to leave my baby with her because she couldn't even take care of herself but she would die out of pain earlier If I wanted to take the only thing she succeeded in gaining with me, so I did as she wanted because I loved her...."

I would come see Petra everyday during our separation, but it came to a point where I couldn't, it was hard seeing Dia and not being able to touch the love of my life, and that led me to start drinking heavily and drowned myself in my fathers companies and other businesses, but several months went by and I met your mother!;he said looking into my mothers eyes and smiling like he was undressing her in his mind,your mother showed me what love was, she was a partner from one of our companies in L.A, she had a sharp mouth and was and still full of sarcasm,... she made me understand that what Dia was doing was out of love and that I shouldn't waste my life drinking unnecessarily when someone was giving me the freedom to live life to the fullest because she couldn't!!.

So slowly, I began falling in love with your mother, it wasn't easy to get her to fall in love with me when so many wealthy men were chasing her but for some reason,she chose me and we got married the next year and had you Alvin..... the male son who is destained to continue the legacy of taking Mejoniel companies and Hotels to a higher level than your predecessors.

"Dia and your mother met at the wedding and become close friends. Apparently they knew each other from afar they were childhood friends, but Dia moved here (Seattle) with her family and that's how their connection was cut short."

"Two years later when I was on a business trip in Dubai, I got a call from Dia's doctor saying she had reached stage two of her illness and the medication wasn't effective enough so they had to do a surgery for Dia but she didn't want to,she didn't see the purpose if she was going to die anyway at some point... but I insisted that she did it for Petra and so she did..... For the two weeks Dia was in comma, petra lived with us, Alvin was always with her, Petra always took care of him even if they were from different mothers."

"Of course she was three when you turned two and you Eyram was in the belly of my queen;, my father said with a slight smile. The surgery took so many turns but again Dia came out with at least a promise of having a few more years to live!!!"

"Years passed and everything seemed okay, but it was for the best that you three where apart because it wouldn't seem fair to Petra to be away from her other parent and seeing both of you with both parents might just put stuff in her head.... so Dia made a life for Petra in Seattle, she was a promising students, had so many awards and likes quantum physics like you Alvin.... she has interest in history,literature and architecture like you Eyram...

Life made her mature quickly, she and your mother always bonded and she always asked of you two, there might have been a small age gap between the three of you but she was responsible and knew the situation at hand.... she to was provided with money and clothes like both of you but never wanted more, she was always content! something I'm sure Dia instilled into her....

Last year, the cancer came back but doctors said she managed to get to stage three and her lungs and vital organs were giving up on her...due to this situation, Petra entered college last year and enrolled into yale as a medical student with dreams to help people with the same problem even though she wasn't well equipped to help her own mother yet.

Eyram, Petra knows you, sees your pictures and always wished to have a sister bond with you and now that her mom is gone I want her to live with us like she deserves ....he concludes looking straight into Alvin eyes that were blood shot red from all that he was hearing!. It must have been hard for him knowing he had someone around and the next thing, they aren't anywhere close anymore.

I on the other hand was missing in action when all this was happening so I'm not affected like Alvin is...
All of a sudden, there's a knock at the door and my mother gets it. The door was opened, and I couldn't even speak, the words just wouldn't come out!!!

And Alvin, he was too annoyed and didn't show any emotions so instead walked out to the terrace, with my father trailing behind him!!....
_____________________________________
Late update I know, and I'm sowii... hope the story still intrigues you in some way!!! love you guys a bunch,
Shout out to Brago 345( My friend's brother) an amazing story y'all will like it... and also Hidden truth by @Maame Fadeela( poems for the soul) :-)

Sowi for any mistakes, less time to edit.
Y'all better vote heheheh.
IG @ Mejoniel.(please follow)
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)