Chapter 17

Chapter 17

After a wonderful couple of days of nothing but hot sex and great sleep, we head back to Charming. Locking up the cabin, I get on the back of Koz's bike and we head out. Pulling up at the clubhouse, we walk inside and the first person I see is Gemma. "Hey baby. I'd ask how your weekend was but looking at the love bites on your neck I'd say you had a good time." she says laughing. "Oh yeah. I'm surprised I can even walk." I tell her. She pulls me to her and hugs me tight. "You know, the things you have done for this club, choosing us over your blood? That doesn't go unnoticed Sweetheart. We will always have your back." she tells me. Smiling, I say, "You guys are my family." The prospect hands us both a beer and we turn to look around. My eyes immediately find my Old Men and I can't help but smile. Koz walks over and asks "What are you smiling about?" as he puts his arm around me. "Just how I managed to get the two hottest SONS." I tell him. He kisses me softly and then Jax calls church. He kisses me again and heads to the table and Happy walks over and kisses me before he heads inside.

While we are waiting on the guys to get out of church, one of the new croweaters looks over at me and just glares. I nudge Gemma. "Looks like I am going to have to school another one, Ma." She smiles and says, "Just wait and see what she tries first." I nod. The guys come out of church and she heads right for Koz. Happy walks right to me and kisses me. I look over to Koz and the new croweater. She pushes up on him and he just takes her hands off of him and pushes her away. Walking over to me, he kisses me and stands on the other side of me so that I am sitting with both my men on each side of me. The new croweater walks over and before she says anything I say "Let me stop you right there. You're new so I will only say this one time. Happy and Koz are both my Old Men. I have both crows so these two are off limits. You have run of all the other single guys but these two are not on the market anymore." She looks at me and says "I know the rules. But I also know that you can't take on two Old Men." We all laugh and say "I can as long as the club approves of it and they have so, like I said, these two are off limits." She just scoffs and walks off. "Why do I have the feeling I am going to end up bouncing that one off the floor?" I ask Gemma and she just laughs.

We stayed for a couple of beers and headed back home with me on Happy's bike this time. Pulling up to the house, we all get off the bikes and head inside. Walking in, I tell Happy to order a pizza and I get in the shower. Getting out, I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. Looking down, there's blood running down my legs. "Koz! Hap!" I yell. Another sharp pain hits as soon as they walk in the room. "Maura? Fuck." Koz says. "Something's wrong." I say. Koz picks me up and throws some sweats and a shirt on me and rushes me out to my car and rushes me to St Thomas with Happy on his bike behind us. Happy carries me in and they take me back. Koz calls Gemma and Jax and before we know it, the waiting room is filled with Sons of Anarchy.

I am in an exam room with Happy and Koz sitting in there with me. The doctor comes in and says "We have the results of your tests. I'm sorry. I looks like you have suffered a miscarriage. We are going to be releasing you soon but I want you to take it easy over the next few days. Again, I'm sorry." before he walks out of the room. I feel the tears start to fall down my cheeks and both of them come over and sit on each side of the bed. Both taking my hands I say "I'm sorry." Koz looks at me and says "Baby, this ain't on you. You have nothing to be sorry for." Hap squeezes my hand and says "He's right. This ain't on you." I pull Koz in for a kiss and then Hap in for a kiss. The nurse brings my release papers and we walk out to the waiting room where our family is waiting. Gemma and Jax walk over to us and asks "What did the doctor say?" I look at them and my eyes start tearing up. Koz tells them "Doc said she had a miscarriage. None of us knew she was pregnant." Gemma pulls me into a hug while Jax rubs my back and kisses the back of my head. "Anything you need sis. We got it." He turns and tells Happy and Kozik the same thing. "You guys take a couple more days and be with your girl." They just nod and we head out the door with the club following.

We pull into the driveway and walk inside. I walk to the bedroom and lay down, tired all of a sudden. I lay in the middle of the bed and feel both sides of the bed dip down as my guys lay down with me. They lay as close as they can and we all lay there in silence for a while. They were trying to be there for me and I am laying there wondering who's baby it was and what would have happened if I wouldn't have lost it.