Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Pulling up to the TM lot, I walk up to the office door and knock on the open door frame. "Yeah." the woman behind the desk answered. "I'm here for an interview with Gemma?" I say. "You must be Maura." she said, standing up. I walk into the office and shake her hand and say "Yes ma'am." She smile a little and says "Have a seat." I do as she says and she starts asking me a few question. "Okay, I have to tell you. We are connected to the MC so working here means you are going to hear a lot of foul mouths and back talk. Does that bother you?" she asked. "Nope. But don't be surprised if I mouth off back to them." I say. "I like you already. Now if you work here, you don't see shit, you don't hear shit, you don't know shit. If we have lockdown, you will be here helping. It's all part of the package." she says. "Works for me. It'll feel good being a part of something again." I tell her and she looks at me confused. "The last place I worked, back in Tennessee, we were a family. We took care of each other. But when the business shut down we all went our separate ways." I explain. "Well, we are family here and family comes first no matter what. You will work six days a week and we will pay you well. Where are you staying?" she asked. "I just have a room at the hotel right now until I can find a place." I say. "Well, you can go get your things. You can save money better staying in one of the dorm rooms in the clubhouse." she says. "I don't want to overstep." I say. "You aren't sweetheart. You work for us now and we take care of our own." I nod my head "Thank you Gemma." She smiles again and says "Let's let you meet everybody."

We walk into the clubhouse and see a bunch of guys in kuttes with the SOA Reaper on them. "Guys this is Maura. She's starting work here in the morning. When I'm not in the office she's in charge." Gemma says "Holy Shite a mini Gemma." the one with the Scottish accent says. "Guess that means don't piss me off." I say with a smirk and he walks over and says "You, Lass, are going to fit in just fine. My name's Chibs." Smiling, I hold out my hand. "Nice to meet you Chibs." Gemma turns and introduces me to everyone else. "These goons here are Tig, Juice, Bobby, Half Sack, Happy and Kozik. And this is my son Jax." she says. "Nice to meet you guys." I say. "So, which one of you assholes wants to go help her get her things from the motel while I get her dorm ready?" she asked and the one named Kozik speaks up. "I got her Gem." Smiling she says "Thank you baby. Maura, Koz will follow you to the motel and help you get your things and I'll have your room ready when you get back." I nod and say "Thanks again Gemma." and I walk out the door with Kozik behind me and I hear Gemma say "Watch her Koz." I wonder what she means by that?

Walking to my car, I hear Koz whistle. "Damn. This your cage?" he asked. "Yeah. Rebuilt it with my dad before he died. This was our baby." I say about my 1967 Shelby. "Nice." he says. I get in the car and wait for him to get on his bike before pulling out of the lot with him following. As we pull up to the motel, I take my key and unlock the door. "I'll get my things packed back up. Can you take the key and check me out?" I asked. "Sure. Be right back." he says before running off to the office. A couple of minute later he comes back with an envelope. "I got him to refund since you aren't staying." he says. I looked at him a little shocked and said "Thanks. I didn't think they would refund." He smirks and says "Well, he's a friend of the club." I nod my head in understanding. "So, you have a southern accent. Where are you from?" he asked. "I'm from Tennessee. You?" I asked, making conversation. "Tacoma. Patched Redwood couple months ago." he says. "Nice. Gemma said I'd be staying in one of the dorms?" I asked. "Yeah. Most of us have houses but we all have dorm rooms to stay in if we don't want to go home." he says "You mean when you Old Lady kicks your ass?" I asked. "Yeah. But I don't have to worry about that shit." he says sitting on the bed, leaning back. It's a really nice view, too. "Why's that? No home or no Old Lady?" I asked as I put the last of my things in the suitcase. "Both. Only family I have here is the club so don't need a house yet." he says. "What about back home?" I asked. "I sold my house when I patched. And no girl back home either." he said and I raised my brow. "Are all of you guys so cocky?" I asked as he picked up a couple of suitcases. "Confident Sweetheart. We're confident." he says and I can't help but laugh. He helps me put the suitcases in the car and we head back to TM.