Chapter 22 (Edited)

I stared at her, surprised by her sudden outburst. "What?" I asked, tensing slightly as I waited for the worst news possible.

Katie bit back a giggle to see that I had jumped a little. "I'm sorry," she said, grinning like a child that looked so sweet and innocent but was actually a devil child. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I rolled my eyes a little, feeling my body relax slightly since this didn't look to like it's going to be a bad thing, hopefully. "Well, I'm kind of taut right now, so you'll just have to deal with it."

Katie smirked a little at my comment. She opened her hands and a bag, pouch, and a compass appeared in them out of thin air.

Just as an fyi, I'm not going to question how she got this stuff. There seems to be magic everywhere, even though we can't see it.

"The Gods and Goddesses have asked me to deliver some items that should help you on your... journey," she said. "If you touch the pedestal, then your body would shoot out of the box and go back to where you were. Also, I just remembered these items."

I gave her a 'really' look, before looking at the stuff in her hands. I can safely say, (hopefully), that my curiosity wouldn't kill me if I looked at them. "What do they do?" I asked looking up at her.

Katie smirked a little, enjoying my curiosity. "I thought you would never ask," she replied, sarcasm dripping from her voice. She handed me the bag first. "This bag is magical." No kidding. "Whatever you think of and you can place into the bag, you can pull it back out again. It'll be really helpful in the journey."

I cocked my head and looked at her. "Does that mean if I pull out a lunch bag, then food would be in it?" I asked.

"Sometimes, yes," Katie replied. "It will also change forms, since some places do not have the same... style."

I nodded my head as I looked at the bag.

Right now, it looked like a regular old backpack with cushions on the shoulders.

"Don't get used to the shoulder pads," Katie warned. "They only appear on this bag."

She held out the compass for me to take. "This will show you where portals are," she said. "Sometimes they move a spot, but that's like every century or so."

I took the compass and stared at it. The little needle was spinning around, wildly. "Uh, why is it moving fast and not stopping?" I asked looking at her, confused.

"It's because you can't get here from anywhere else," Katie replied. "Nor, can you get out, except for touching the pedestal."

I nodded my head and stuffed the compass into my pocket. "What else?" I asked looking at the pouch, that looked handmade.

"This," Katie said handing me the pouch, "can give you any herbs, or things to heal, someone or yourself."

"So... if I think of lavender, it will appear in the pouch?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

Katie nodded her head. "And if you feel threatened by anything, then you can think of a poisonous herb and use that on them. I just wouldn't use poisonous ivy or oak without gloves."

"Can anyone take something out of it?" I asked, a plan forming in my head.

Katie nodded her head. "But only you can think of what will be in there, since it is tied to you."

I nodded my head. That's a good plan. "I guess that's it?" I asked, still feeling the pull of the pedestal. It was growing quite uncomfortable since I've spent maybe an hour or two? I couldn't figure it out.

"Then, I guess it is time for you to seal your fate, again," Katie said, nodding her head.

I walked to the pedestal, my hand tingling as I looked at the pedestal. The pedestal started to glow again, as I had my hand close to it.

Nervousness made it's way through my veins, but I closed my eyes and reached to touch the pedestal. I knew that I wouldn't be coming back to this place, unless I had someone else.

"Good luck," Katie said as I touched the top of the pedestal, seeing a flashing light behind my closed eyes.

My body lifted and I silently screamed as I went, hopefully, back in the room with David, Ralph, and Laura, and not some freaky place.

❄ ❄ ❄

Bane lifted his head as the room he was in grew a bit colder, even though it was cold in this room.

He smirked, his dark black eyes lighting up with menacing joy.

The Walkers moved around watching and waiting for a signal from him, to leap into whatever evil plan he has.

"So, she sealed her fate, again. My niece has your courage, Brother," he said as he got off the throne and walked towards the way that he had made them.

"What do you have to say, Pucker Face?" he asked smirking, as his brother tried to say 'you'. "Oh right, you can't say anything, because you are frozen."

He moved away from them walking around the room. "'You're a disgrace, to the kingdom'. You were going to say. 'How can you do this to your people'?"

He turned around and looked at the king, smirking. "I am only a disgrace to you, Brother, and our parents." He again moved towards his brother and shook his finger. "I am Garth's right hand man."

There was a muffled sound coming from the frozen male.

"What was that?" Bane asked, cupping his ear mockingly. "Were you going to say something? Well, guess what? You can't because you're frozen."

He barked out laughing as he twirled a bit, his black robes billowing around him.

"Oh how I love to be King of Sinthazar and soon to be of all the dimensions," he said. "And more powerful than the Prophecy Child could ever dream of being."

He smiled a little, his mouth turning in a sneer. "You," he said pointing to half of the Walkers, "fetch my Niece, alive or half dead. I want her to see me killing her parents and all of the Angesian people." He gestured to the other half. "And you, bring the family that took her in in here. We're going to have a little torture party."

Bane turned his back towards the Royal Family and started to walk towards the throne. "And I will ask Garth for an easy and fun killing." He sat down on the throne and closed his eyes.

Since his back was turned away from the Royal Family, he didn't see a single tear falling from the Queen's face, as his powers started to weaken on the Folds of Time.