Chapter 16 (Edited)

I walked into the adjoining room, followed by Laura. I frowned a little when I saw Ralph and David in deep conversation about the dagger that laid on the couch besides him.

It looked like my dagger, but instead of the sheath being blue and white, it was light and dark green with a jade on the hilt of the dagger. I frowned a little curious and started to walk over to it.

Ralph and David stopped talking and glanced up at me, a confused look on their face as I studied the dagger. For some odd reason, it also had the symbols that had looked like mine, but some of them looked different. I reached out to touch it, wanting to see the blade. "Don't-" David started to warn it was too late, I touched it.

I yelped when it shocked me and dropped the dagger. "It shocked me!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening in disbelief. "Why'd it shock me?!"

"David!" Ralph exclaimed the same time I exclaimed what had happened. "She didn't fly across the room! Why didn't she fly across the room?"

"Ummm why would it shoot me across the room? I want some answers now that my hair is dyed and by the looks of it, you don't recognize me. So, I want you to explain these things to me, David," I said pointing at the older male.

I was furious right now. Huh, maybe I do have a red-heads temper. What a coincidence!!

David opened his mouth and then closed it again. He cleared his throat and leaned back in his seat. "I do like the new due for you," he said, trying to change the subject.

My nostrils flared a little and my hand clenched in a fist. I could feel the room start to get a little colder, as my anger grew. "Don't change the subject," I said, my voice menacing. "Before I-I freeze you!" It was still worth a shot, even though I haven't frozen anyone. Well... I did kind of freeze Matthew... uh er Bane... once when I was like in the sixth grade, but that was a long time ago, and he only got frost bite.

David glanced at Laura wearily, before he gestured to the bed. "Sit, and I'll explain everything," he said.

I huffed a little but did as I was told to do and sat on the bed. I folded my arms around my chest and raised an eyebrow as if to say 'Well, aren't you going to say something?'

David sighed a little and ran a hand across his forehead. "What I'm going to tell cannot be discussed out of here," he said gesturing to the small circle of four. "Others will come in time, but for right now it's only the us four that knows about this information. Do you understand?"

I nodded my head but kept my eyes on him. I guess it was huge, I mean he was being nervous and jumpy and all this stuff. I guess the more that I thought about it, the more I found myself maybe being bigger than an amnesia kid who has control over ice.

"Then I will begin," he said.