Chapter 13 (Edited)

I got out of the van and closed the door behind me. Oh great, some alone time with a psychotic person, I thought to myself, bitterly, as I watched Ralph still sleep.

David got out of the car after he placed something, what looked like a gold chain in his pocket. He caught me staring at him and looked away, not answering my questioning gaze. "Let's go," he said as he started to walk towards the store.

I sighed sarcastically and followed him. "What was that?" I asked, absentmindedly playing with the bandages on my hands. Surprisingly, they had stopped itching.

"Nothing for you to worry about," David replied. He glanced at my hands. "And I think you can take the bandages off your hands. They should be healed by now."

"But it's not even a full day," I said. "How would they be healed?"

David looked at me and smirked. "Magic," he replied making jazz hands. He whispered the word, since we were getting close to people. "The cream that Ralph had used helps quicken the healing of the cuts," he said. "It'll itch and then after a few minutes or hours, depending on how bad it is, before it stops."

Ok, I really think I'm losing it, but I did what he said and took off my bandages. Sure enough, the wounds on my hand were healed and they looked as if I hadn't gotten rope burn at all.

❄ ❄ ❄

David walked towards Customer Service, before he paused and looked at me. "Get yourself a new wardrobe," he said handing me $50. "Also a sleeping bag and maybe a duffel. Meet me at the hair supplies."

"Why and what are you doing?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. I could tell I made him a little nervous for the question that I had asked him. Hey, if he was a psychotic serial killer, I wanted to know as soon as possible, so I could run and try to find some safe place to go. Even though, I don't know if I would get far if Bane wanted me.

David sighed a little. "Why do you ask so many questions?" he asked. "Don't you know that 'curiosity killed the cat'?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "I heard that saying," I said. "And it's not my fault," I muttered. A long silence seemed to expand over us, with each of us in our own thoughts. "Never mind," I said quickly, breaking the silence. "I'll meet you by the hair supplies." And with that, I walked away, my blonde braid hitting against the small of my back.

I was actually kind of surprised that my hair was still in a braid. I mean, I was chased out a window by a Walker.