13

A war is coming.

Those four words bounced around my mind, trying to locate any sense in his words, who would want a war with us? We are were a big pack even with only 87 members (packs like to stay small to go unnoticed), very few packs wanted to challenge us and the last war was long before I was born. It didn't make any sense to me at all.

"Brad?" I finally asked. I got no reply and turned to see Brad no longer with me, where did he go? I tried to reach out with my mind for his, but he was blocking me out. So instead I turned to following his scent. I sniffed the area he had been standing and where his faint scent should still be lingering. A smell wafted through my nostrils and immediately I knew it was Brad's.

Wasting no time, I followed it. It lead me through the pack house and passed some very confused pack mates as to why they could smell rogue in their house. They called out to me with a few 'Luna's but I couldn't stop. Eventually, after it felt like I had walked through the whole house and a half, I came across his office door. I was pretty stupid to not have thought of that before...

Rushing into his office without knocking, I saw Brad, Beta Dylan and Third in Command Ty leaning over a rather large and musty smelling piece of paper. Brad looked up as I entered and gave me a worried look, before continuing his hushed conversation. I walked over to them, watching them carefully as they swiped there hands over what I could now identify as a map.

"This," Brad said as he pointed to a section on the map dotted with trees around our border. It had different colored lines crisscrossing all over it; blue for water, black for pack boundaries and brown for contours. There were little shapes too; trees for the forest, houses for (of course) houses and others that I didn't seem familiar with. "Is where they are most likely to attack, though we don't exactly know for sure who the 'they' are we can still estimate." He looked worried and Ty was tensed up. Dylan, as usual, barely showed any emotion other than that of boredom.

"How do you know they will attack there?" I managed to ask curiously, surely they would attack wherever the pleased?

"Because every time we have been attacked, they have come from that side. I think they view it as our 'weak' point." Brad looked away from me. "Easy to get through to us I guess."

"But how do you guarantee it will be the same side?" I pointed at the map, "It could be here," I pointed at a new point, "or here," I motioned with my hands all over the map, "or they could even have us surrounded, we don't know for sure." They all stared at me pointedly as if I was missing something big. I glanced down at the desk to recheck the map but I couldn't see anything of importance as to who it might be.

"We think it may be Stefan." Dylan proclaimed whilst staring me dead in the eye. "He did make the mistake of saying he has a pack even though we thought he was a rogue. Maybe he could be coming to attack us and his whole story about you being his sister could be to throw you off track." He picked at his nails, pretending to ignore the glares I sent his way. He couldn't be lying, how could he know so much about me?

"There is no way he isn't my brother, have you seen him?" I gestured to my facial features. "Even our wolves look the same." I shifted my gaze to Brad who was lost, staring at the map in thought. His eyebrows creased together as he moved his face closer to the map.

"You know," he spoke, grabbing paper from a desk in his drawer, "it might be Xavier."

"It has to be Xavier! I see no other obvious threat! He's the one who kidnapped me, he's the one that wants myself and Stefan dead."

"Makes sense," Brad mumbled, "Maybe he sent a threat to Stefan saying that he knew Stefan was her brother, and that he was coming for him, so maybe he told the truth and wanted to warn us so she doesn't get hurt. The only problem is that we don't know which pack he's from, we could use the help." My heart grew warm as he defended me instead of his friends.